The Return of Malcolm and a Fun Little Game

"NOOO!" I scream and Charlie peers at my face and I jump.

     "What's wrong? Are you hurt?" He asks and I shake my head rapidly.

     "My problem is something one cannot solve." I state and he squats down. "What are you doing?"

     "Stretching out my legs." He says as he leans to the side then looks up at me. "Tennis."

     "I know what we are doing..." I grumble then look over to see my enemy. "God I hate this."

     "How hilarious!" He shouts from the other side and we all turn to look at him. "I was going to say the same to you!"

     "Does that mean you are calling me a 'this'?" I mumble as my eyebrow twitches and Daisy and Violet run to him. "Evil!"

     "Malcolm!" They cheer and hugs him happily as he hugs them back. "My girls!" He says happily then pulls back. "How's it with them?" His eyes sparkle and Dean elbows my side.

     "Who's the gay guy?" He whispers and my head snaps as he watches them. Slowly I wrap my arms around him and hug him with my eyes wide. "D-drew?"

     "Thank you." I mumble and smile happily as I shove him away then walk to Malcolm. "Hello Mrs. Malcolm."

     "Hello Dude Drew." He says back as we glare at each other and Violet sighs waving her hand around.

     "Stop it." She whispers as she pushes us apart. Two other guys walk up and she stares at them. "What?"

      "Aren't you the girl who beat Parker last year?" He asks and she nods as he jumps happily. "N-no way! You're amazing!" He cheers as she blushes laughing. I look to Adam who is staring as his eye twitches.

     "Imma kill him." He mumbles and Charlie quickly grabs him and I sigh as Kenny walks.

     "Alright, let's begin some Tennis!" He cheers out.

•*•*•

     Sweat drops from his face as he sits down beside me and I glance at him. Dean gives me a bright smile as I hand him as I throw my cup of water on him.

     "C-cold!" He shouts then stops. "Ahh, that feels nice..." He whispers leaning into his elbows. "Where'd you get the water?" He mumbles and I point to a cart that holds a huge jug of water. "Ugh, so far...."

     "So lazy..." I mumble as I stretch out and yawn tears prickling my eyes. "Man I'm tired."

     "You haven't even played yet." He grumbles as we watch Adam warm up. "I wonder how he's going to be..."

     "I don't know...." I mumble as I watch his hit the ball on the racket. "Maybe if he wants to impress her he'll do good."

     "Maybe....." He mumbles as we watch and the match begins.

     Back and forth it goes and we watch intently as Adam slams it and it barley slips by the girl and into the brick wall. Adam smiles happily as he turns waving at Violet.

      "Good job Adam!" She calls out and I can see the faint pinkness to his cheeks as I laugh.

     "He's got it bad...." Dean mumbles leaning forward as he pulls his legs to his chest. "I wonder what it feels like..."

"What?" I mumble looking at him as he stares out over the court with sad eyes.

"To be crazy about someone...." He mumbles and looks over at me and my heart skips a beat. Wait what, no stop. My heart shouldn't be doing this. "Anyhow..." He mumbles turning back and for the rest of that game, we sit in silence as I think about what he said.

"Alright Drew!" Violet grips my shoulders tightly as I look at the racket. "You can win this!" She says then whispers. "Also I'm kinda also cheering for Malcolm so, break a leg!" Shoving me forward, I stand on the opposite side of The court.

"Oh yay it's you...." He mumbles tossing the tennis ball into the air. I narrow my eyes and glare as he gives me a bright pearly smile. "Let's get this over with."

"You're going down." I growl grabbing the racket tightly and marching to the middle of the court.

He arm raises as he tosses up the fuzzy bright ball and slams it into the racket. It flies into the ground then bounces to my left as I swing my arm and it flies back his way. Back and forth we swing our arms with all our might and a crowd had formed around the court. People shout oohs and awes as we go back and forth until we are tied as we pant.

"You aren't as bad as I thought..." Malcolm pants as he kneels over and I pick up the ball as the sweat falls from my face. "Sweat seems to make you even uglier."

"I was going to say the same to you on both comments." I pant as I hold the ball and smile. "Go ahead and give up."

"Never." He says raising his head and I notice his dark skin has darkened from all the time I hadn't seen him. It wasn't long that I seen him over the little weekend and the first month was flying by fast. Throwing the ball up, I hit it will the remaining energy I have as it flies to Malcolm.

Once again we are trapped in a never ending battle back and forth. Our energy draining from the hot sun and sweat pouring off our bodies. The tie in the game continued to draw on and draw in more people. I bounce on my feet and hit it back to him.

"I wonder what it feels like..... To be crazy about someone." Dean's face flashes in my mind and I shake my head trying to get it out. "Have you ever dated before?" The memory of Friday night comes to mind and I almost miss the next hit. "Please stay a little longer..."

My mind freezes and when the ball comes soaring by and ducking, I slip and my ankle pops and twists. The ball bounces off the wall and slams into my head with such force, my head slams into the ground. Through all the ringing in my ears, I can make out the shouting voices of Daisy, Violet, Kenny, Ms. Tina, and maybe even Dean. Yet it doesn't last long until my vision blackens as I sink into the pain.

•*•*•

Thanks for reading hope you enjoyed! Please tell me what you think! Who do you ship? What's something you want more off? Please comment or message me! Thanks again!!! Please make sure to check out Emereee 's new story! It was just released!! Thanks guys