Morning Glorys

I don't really know what I did wrong... Did I upset Father? I do not think so. He seemed fine and then he just became so ill... Oh, what will happen to our kingdom now that he is so sick? Will the enemies attack, will Mother have to take over? I do not know, but I need to escape from my trampling thoughts and take a small walk.

Sneaking out the door of her room, she eases down the hall, her bare feet cringing against the marble floor. The night gown blows in the wind as She steps outside unto the road. The dirt blows through between her toes. Her red hair blows and She tucks it behind her ears. She turns away and the feeling of grass tickles her toes. Turning, She walks along the hedge and enters the garden. The sound of crickets fills the air like trumpets when Father enters a room. Her heart skips a beat as She kneels down and touches a closed Lilly on its pad. Waves form as it moves in the water and She smiles slightly. It's beautiful pink petals fold together and She leans down. Her reflection stares at her and She sighs.

I don't look like a princess at all... How will I be able to be a queen? Father won't even let me go outside by myself, let alone rule a whole kingdom.

"Your highness?" Someone calls out and She turns her head towards him. "What are you doing out so late?" He asks as he walks forward.

"Oh.... I was just to awake to sleep so I decided to take a walk." She whispers and he frowns.

"By yourself?" He asks as his head lifts and She look down. "Your highness, that isn't safe..."

"I understand...." She whispers and he nods. "Do you know all the flowers in this garden?"

"Most of them." He answers as they begin walking side by side through the garden. "I tend to find myself here several times in the day. It relaxes me."

"What are these ones?" She whispers as she points down to a short and stocky plant with closed flowers all around it.

"Hyacinths." He says and her eyes light up. Those ones are hollyhocks." He points to another short of stocky plant and then turns. "The pink ones that bloom are peonies." He points to more plants and then turns.

"Roses." She says quietly and he smiles.

"Indeed m'lady." He says and kneels down to look at them.

"Well... They aren't to hard to notice..." She whispers and touches one.

"Watch for the thorns your highness." He warns stepping forward and she smiles silently.

"How can something so pretty, have such sharp edges?" She whispers and he frowns.

"So people can't resist them..." He answers silently. "It draws then in with beauty, just to prick their fingers with pain. Also for protection..."

"So like when you were armor?" She asks and his eyes brighten.

"Yes, like when we were armor to protect ourselves when battling." He says and she frowns. "Did I do something to upset you?"

"No, I was just thinking of how scary it must be for you to go out...." She whispers and he nods.

"It is, but a man must suit up to protect his kingdom, to protect the Royal family." He stares up into the stars as he rests a hand on his belt.

"It must be tough to be a knight." She whispers and the wind blows as his eyes dart to her.

"I must escort you back to your room, it is getting bitterly cold." He says and places a hand on her back as he begins walking. Ushering her forward, they walk back through the path she had taken. "Why are you bare foot?"

"The shoes would have made to much noise." She answers and he lets out a small laugh.

They enter the castle once more and she takes in a sharp breath as she steps onto the floor. He stops and looks at her worry falling from his eyes.

"Are you alright?" He asks and she smiles.

"The floor is just slightly cold." She says and he smiles. Slowly he guides her through the halls and up the stairs.

His feet make no sound as he walks down the halls and slowly opens her door. She steps in and looks back as he bows.

"It was a pleasure to take a stroll with you." He says and she smiles.

"Thank you for your wisdom on the garden." She says and he smiles as he walks down the hall and she shuts the door. Quickly she opens it again. "W-wait!"

"What's is it m'lady?" He says hurrying to her. "Something wrong?"

"I have another flower I have to ask you about!" She whispers and his eyes widen. "It's the one by the walls of the castles. Blue and purple!"

"Oh, Morning Glory's." He says with a small smile. "Actually they are weeds." His face falls slightly. "They kill the flowers around them, they take the sunlight away."

"How upsetting..." She whispers and he nods. "I'm sorry, good night once again."

"Goodnight." He whispers and bows once more then walks away.

•*•*•

"Drew! Get up!" Violet yells slamming my head with the pillow.

"Why should I?" I mumble and she smiles.

"Because, we have a sports activity today! Or whatever they plan really..." She whispers then smiles. "Get out of La La Land and let's go!"

Grumbling, I fling my blankets away and gets dressed. I wear capris and a loose white t-shirt with my Blue Converse. Violet isn't the only one hyped as Daisy runs around like a mad woman. Ms. Tina is silently fixing her badge then she stands.

"Alright! Let's all make some great memory's!" She cheers and I stare at her blankly.

"How lame..." I mumble and she frowns.

"Turn that frown upside down!" She says and I roll my eyes. "Let's go!"

Taking account for everyone, we leave our cabin with the excitement completely obvious in their eyes. My mind processes my weird dream I had had and I slowly walk.

A kingdom? So like, medieval times. When kings, queens, princes, and princesses lived? Ahh take that back, Kings queens and all that live in present day as well... More so, dragons.... Ooh! Lord of the Rings! That's it!

"Whoa! Look at those flowers!" Someone calls out and I look at them.

A small patch of blue and purple flowers stand from the grass beautiful and vibrant. Ms. Tina leans down and nods.

"It's a weed." She says and Daisy nods.

"It's a Morning Glory." She answers and Ms. Tina nods. "They kill the other plants around them."

"Such a pretty flower does that?" Violet whispers then thinks. "Well, kinda like how roses have thorns."

"Every pretty thing, has someone ugly in it somewhere." Daisy whispers and everyone falls silent at her truthful words.

As we walk away, I look back at the little patch of flowers. A small wind blows and for some reason, I see the faintest sight of a white gown and a girl staring at me.

•*•*•

Thanks for reading guys! Alright so yeah next chapter will be fun! Sorry this was kinda boring! 😁 I hope you enjoyed it though!