Bitter Weed

I stand silently by the regular tree in which I usually stand. I glance towards the log where Charlie sits and at his side the guitar sits. His face is completely blank as my brows furrow and I lean back slightly.

"You seem upset." I mumble under my breath as he doesn't even attempt to look up. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." He whispers and I raise an eyebrow as he looks around and nods taking his guitar hurrying to tune it. Then, just like that, he begins playing. I watch as he strums and he seems to be putting no emotion into it and it kinda hurts my head. He plays with no passion what so ever and I watch as his face stays the same. None of the regular emotion then I quietly take in a deep breath.

"Stop." I whisper and he freezes as he looks up towards my direction.

"What's wrong?" He whispers, face still blank.

"You just seem like you have no feeling." I whisper and his face twists slightly. Not into a smile or a frown, no, something bitter. His eyes begin to narrow and he stands up as he glares my way. "Um... What are you...?"

"Shut up." He whispers and I lean back slightly. "You know nothing about me. I actually think your ridiculous because you worn even tell me your name! So don't you dare act like you know when I sound bad or I have no feeling! If you really want to do me a favor, and stay the hell out of my life!" I stand in shock as I take a step away and the sticks crack. Then, I run. I run as fast as I can and I can hear his shouts as I continue to run. Tears slide down my cheeks as I slip into the cabin and quietly slide into my bunk. I lay my he's sings the pillow and let my muffled cries never be heard.

•*•*•

     The sun beats down on their backs as they shuffle down the path way. They wave farewell to the townsfolk after staying for three days and now once more begin their journey. The necklace around her neck swings with every step and he stood a little ways ahead. Really, she was curious over why he became a Knight, she could tell it was a lonely way of life. She peered at his back and felt a strong sense of bitterness and such inside his heart.

       "Sir Adams." She calls as he looks back slowing down. "May I ask a question?"

       "What is it?" He calls cocking his head to the side as she hurries to catch up. "Am I walking to fast?"

      "Well, yes, but that's not what I was going to say." She whispers as she looks down taking in all the courage she needed to ask it. "I was just wondering, why would you want to become a knight?"

       "I wanted to protect the royal Family." He states plainly as she stares up at him. "Is that all?"

       "That doesn't seem like.... The real reason..." She whispers as his eyes shimmer and he turns folding his arms over with a small glare. "I just think it is good for us to get to know each other!"

      "You are a princess and I am a knight, what else is there to know?" He asks tilting his head and she looks down.

      "Well... I really am just curious." She whispers as he lets out a long sigh and he looks at her.

      "Look.... Being a knight isn't something you are born into like you were with your royalty. We also, don't always have a reason to become one, so please your highness, just drop it." He whispers it walking forward a ways once more as she watches his back.

       He really was a bitter guy, never showing any sympathy or having any way of opening his heart. They entered into a forested area as she looks around at the cascading shadows. Her eyes batted as she walked around behind him. His hand rested on the handle of his sword as he walked ahead. His eyes narrowing and darting at every shadowing corner and noise. There, in the bright sunlight under a tree, she finds a small yellow patch of flowers. Her mother and her had always called them 'buttercup flower' others called them a horrid thing, just a weed. She gently plucked them and tapped his shoulder. Turning, he looked at her and his eyes fell to the patch of stinky flowers.

     "Here." She whispers as he raises an eyebrow and she smiles shyly. "My mother and I used to pick these all the time... Even though people called them sticky and weeds.... I- I know they smell bad, but they were one of first flowers I gave out.... The gardener hates them..." She lets out a laugh as he gently takes them and stares. His eyes become slightly warm looking as he places them beside his sword and nods.

      "Thank you..."

•*•*• 

     "Eww! What's that smell!!" Violet shouts as she holds her nose as Charlie, Dean, and I walk behind her. "Oh eww!!! It's bitter weed!"

       "Oh I hate those things..." Dean hisses as I lean over and I smile slightly.

      "Wow! I used to pick these and give them to the boys I liked!" I laugh and Dean looks up.

      "Wait! You've given those to guys?!" He hisses and I roll my eyes.

     "Yes Dean, when I was six!"  I hiss and he pouts slightly and I flail my arms as I lean down and touch it. "Believe it or not, we have given these to other kids we liked because they weren't a weed to us.... They were flowers...." I whisper and Dean nods and I frown. "I wish.... Things were simple like back them..."

     "Me too..." Violet whispers as Charlie stares at the bitter weed with a sad expression. "Alright! Let's get this money wasting day over with!"

•*•*•

Thanks so much for reading!!! I hope you guess enjoyed and please, vote, comment, add and or follow for more!!! I love you guys! Thanks again and I hope you enjoyed!!!