Celebration of Success and a Kiss

"Since we have seen amazing success in each competition! Tonight we celebrate as the talent show comes forward and where we will find even more success!" Kenny cheers and holds up a root beer. "To us, the best group in the entire camp! Cheers!"

"Cheers!" We echo his voice as we each take a drink and I smile.

After Lucy and I had worn out competitions, Daisy and Violet won there's as well. Violet had a winning team in beach volleyball which she teamed up with Dean, and Daisy had won a spelling bee. Another day coming to an end as we relax on the lake happily. The last month seemed to fly by and I feel as if I can keep up anymore.

"Hey, how come everything is set off tomorrow?" Daisy asks as she bites into a s'more and Kenny smiles.

"Well, tomorrow we go on our last hike." He says and my eyes widen.

"Last hike?" I ask and lean forward. "We are going on another hike? Kenny every time we go something goes wrong!"

"Which is why we are going as a group this time." He cheers and waves his hand around. "Now! Let's have some weenies on a stick!"

"Sounds divine." I mutter and Dean snorts holding one over the fire.

"Divine is not the right work for weenies on a stick." He mumbles as I shrug and sip on my root beer.

"Possibly rustic?" Daisy asks and Dean snaps his fingers.

"Bingo, thank you spelling bee winner!" Dean winks and she nods as he pulls his weenie out of the fire. "Awe.... It's burnt....."

"Awe.... Poor wittle Dean!" I whimper and he flicks my forehead as I laugh and make my own. "The trick it to ten the weenie."

"I know how to make a happy weenie!" Dean shouts as point as his burnt one and glare.

"That is a very unhappy weenie." I state as he groans and I smile turning once more. "Hey check it out." Elbowing him, I point to the lake as Adam and Violet skip rocks over the water and Dean smiles.

"He better tell her soon." He mumbles and I nod as he goes silent.

We sit watching as they skip the rocks against the blue water. The fire lapping in the night air as the Stars hang high in the sky. The moon in a crescent shape and the air nice and cool. The burning from the fire gives my skin a little bit of heat and Dean's body heat does the same. The quite laughter fills my ears and I look over the orange and red flames to see Charlie smiling happily. My heart begins to speed up and I stare over at him, that is until I feel a warmth around my hand. My eyes flick down and my eyes catch on Dean's hand holding mine where no one can see. My eyes go to his face, but he still watches Violet and Adam intently.

Maybe he doesn't notice he did it... Yeah, that has to be it...

As the night rolls on, and my denial continues, his hand still holds mine until we decide to play a nice little game of flashlight tag.

•*•*•

I clutch my knees as I listen to the hoot of the owl far off. Somewhere even farther a wolf howls and I smile softly. The wind picks up and I shiver wishing I had brought my jacket and I shake my head.

"Today was a good day..." I whisper as I pull my knees even closer. "We had a lot of fun as a group..." The limbs of the trees sway and I listen to the lake water lap against the ground. "I wonder how my Aunt and Uncle with react...." She grips the edge of her shirt and laughs slightly. "I don't want to leave... Maybe I can hide here forever?" She whispers and a flash of a light cuts her off. She tucks her head down as it shines down the banks and she watches it.