A Date With Dean

"Mm..." I stare out at the guys as they stand restlessly and Kenny hits each of them with papers. "Wonder what happened..."

"My bet is they got in a fight." Violet whispers and stare at them as we all walk forward.

"You idiots!" He shouts and we stand behind him as he glares. "What are you planing?!"

"None ya!" They shout and he hits them each again. "Would you stop!" Dean shouts and rolls his eyes as he stares at the ground. "I just got a funny feeling when Malcolm asked Daisy out on a date, so I wanted to do the same...." He mumbles and Kenny widens his eyes.

"You want to ask Daisy out?" He asks and Dean shakes his head as he goes to talk and spots us behind Kenny. The guys stare at us as dean's face reddens and he looks away as he hides behind Adam.

"Nows the time to ask." He whispers as Charlie looks at Dean with wide eyes and Adam elbows Dean. "Seriously ask her!"

"I-I can't!" He shouts and Adam and Will grab him holding him in place and his cheeks redden.

"Jus do it!" They shout and Kenny shoves him forward as he shouts. "Be a man!"

"What's going on?" Mrs. Tina asks as she stares at Dean with wide eyes. Voices roam around as a crowd of girls circle and I stare as Dean clenches his fists and shouts out.

"Drew, will you go on a date with me?!" He shouts and everyone screams out as I stare at him.

•*•*•

     So why am I waiting for him exactly? I mean, we did decide to wait till the end of the day but why did I come? This is why I hate the spirit of love, always drives people to do stupid things. Like, me waiting here for Dean, I mean, I didn't even say yes. He just said if I wanted to to meet him here, and now here I am. Why? God I'm going crazy.... Okay I'll just leave before he shows up.

     "Drew?" I turn to see Dean walking forward and I curse myself and smile slightly. "You actually came."

     "Yep.... Here I am." I whisper smiling as I shuffle on my feet nervously. "So.... Shall we?"

     Walking along, we keep quite as the light in the sky dims to dusk. A small space between us but it feels like miles from how awkward it is. My mind runs wild as I search for a sarcastic comment to maybe lift the aura of awkward.

     "So..." We both begin and we both laugh slightly. "You go first." I whisper as we walk and he nods.

     "Look, I'm sorry this is so awkward...." He whispers as I shake my head and he sighs. "I just wanted to hang out alone like in that spot." He whispers and I laugh as I shake my head.

      "Why not just go back there?" I ask and he shrugs smiling as he stops and points to a run down looking building. "Um.... That old shack?"

     "Shh!" He barks pressing his finger to my lips. "That shack is the best ice cream ever." He whispers and raise my eyebrow questionably. "Common." Grabbing my arm and quickly letting go, we go inside the shop.

     The walls are covered in a light blue and old wallpaper that has little yellow flowers over the roofing frame. White metal chairs and tables are set up in pairs of two seats. In the front, an old lady and man stand happily behind a wooden with big smile.

      "What kind do you like?" Dean asks and I stare as I clear my throat.

     "Um chocolate." I whisper as he nods and walks to the counter as I sit at a table.