The Final Hike

I raise my hand up and press it against my mouth as I yawn. Daisy glares at me and I shrug as Ms. Tina sighs.

      "That is the tenth time you've yawned this morning." She mumbles and I turn to look at her. "Are you alright?"

     "I'm fine just didn't sleep to well last night." I mumble and she frowns as I look down. My thoughts slip back into lasts nights confession and how sad he look. Shaking my head I give her a big smile as she folds her arms. "I'm fine really."

     "I'm sure you are..." She grumbles and we step across as Kenny waves from the van. She smiles waving back and I roll my eyes. "Just be good today Drew."

     "I'm good everyday." I wave her comment away and step across the dirt path to the van.

     "Morning!" Kenny cheers happily and leans in. "Fair warning to you guys. Dean is in a bad mood." I clench my fists and give a forced smile as Charlie appears from around the van. "What now?"

     "Well..... He and Adam are fighting..." He mumbles staring and Kenny snorts.

     "They always fight." He states and Charlie nods as we walk around and he gives a sharp whistle. "Listen up! Get in the van and calm down!" He barks and they instantly shut up. My eyebrows raise as I look towards Kenny. They actually listened to him.... My respect has grown...

     We pile into the van and a little shove sends me sprawling into a spot next to Dean. He sends a quick glare and Charlie plops down beside me. Oh just great... I shift my weight in the seat so I can have just a bit of room between me and the two. I shift my gaze to Charlie, as he stares out the window with a wondering expression. My heart beat quickens and I can't help but stare at his handsome face. Feeling eyes on me, I flick my eyes to Dean as he stares at me. Seeing my gaze, he turns away and I frown as I clasp my hands together. The air is thick with awkward vibes and I take in a deep breath preparing myself for the day ahead.

•*•*•

     "What is this?" Daisy grumbles looking up at the mountain of a hill we have to climb. "Kenny!"

     "It's a hill." He cheers and she glares, a real glare filled with hatred. "The largest hill to be exact."

      "Exactly!" She barks and Violet smiles as she pops her knuckles with a large grin. "Don't say it..."

      "Challenge accepted." She mumbles and Adam smiles following behind her quickly. Like a lost puppy..... A hand rests on my shoulder and I turn to see Will with subtle eyes.

     "What?" I ask and he looks over towards Dean.

     "He is very upset....." He mumbles and my eyes widen. "Maybe you should help him out...."

     "What if I told you I'm the reason he's upset." I mumble and he gives me a big smile.

      "I know you're the reason he's upset, but you're the only one and can fix this.... We have that show coming up and we can't have drama..." He states and squeezes my shoulders as he turns away. My eyes follow his back as Kenny hands out packs and we begin our hike.

     The flush of green and the beating sun makes me anticipate the shade to come. Everything is quite and I begin to feel as if this is the perfect evening. A breeze sweeps through and I smile as it lifts strands of my hair into the wind. I take in a deep breath as I look around at everyone. Kenny talks to Ms. Tina as he stares down at her love pouring out from his eyes. Daisy talks with Timothy about the history of the piano, and Will speak with Abigail and Lucy. Adam blushes proudly as he watches Violet talk. Charlie and Dean bicker over something. Just watching I can't help but smile. I've come to really appreciate meeting them and coming here.

     An hour passes by quickly as we stop for a break and I take a drink of water. Charlie sits beside me drinking his as he stares at two birds playing on a branch. A small gentle smile plays at his lips, and his eyes gleam.

     "Do you like birds?" I ask as I take a slow drink and he shrugs slightly.

     "I don't dislike them..." He mumbles and pulls his knees to his chest. "I like listening to them.... Whenever two birds fight, it always reminds of an old couple fighting." He smirks and I let out a laugh as I nod.

     "It actually reminds me of my aunt and uncle fighting..." I mumble and he looks over at me. "They constantly fight.... But not like real fights.... More like who was ruder when they first met..."

     "Did.... Your parents fight?" He mumbles and I nod as I laugh slightly.

     "Yeah.... They fought over what to name me..." I laugh and shrug as I stare up at the birds. "They actually fought over which one was better.... Waffles or pancakes..."

     "Waffles or pan....." He mumbles and his voice trials off and Kenny claps his hands.

      "Let's get up an continues kids!" He calls as I sigh as I pull myself up and hold out my hand. He grabs on and I pull him up as I pull my pack on and begin walking away. The tweeting of the birds follow after me and I can't help but imagine my parents bickering over pancake and waffles.

•*•*•

     "Whoa! You can see the entire camp up here!" Daisy calls as she stands on the platform from the top of hill. "Check it out guys!" She waves us forward and step into the platform as we each suck in a breath.

     "This is amazing..." Dean mumbles as he leans forward and points. "Look there's the skatepark!"

      "No look at that over there!" Violet shouts eyes gleaming. "It's the sports center!" We all sigh as she bounces on her toes and I lean forward looking.

     You can see the other hills in the distance and I smile slightly. Peering down, I can make out movement from other campers and I let out a deep sigh. Relaxation sinks into my bones and I smile as Dean stands beside me.

     "I'm sorry." He whispers and I turn to look at him. He's not looking at me, just standing staring out over towards the lake. "I should have waited to see how you felt..."

     "No Dean... I'm-" he shakes his head and holds up a hand to silence me.

     "Drew... Just listen please.... I was a jerk... I've been a jerk and I'm sorry." He mumbles as he turns and smiles at me sadly. "But don't think that this is my way of giving up. I always get what I want." He mumbles as he runs a thumb over my cheek and I lean back as he smiles and walks away.

      "And I thought this couldn't get worse..." I mumble as I shake me head and stare out over the camp. There's only a few days left.... What could happen in only a few days?

•*•*•

Thanks so much for reading guys!!! I hope you enjoy!!! Please! Vote, comment, add and or smile for more!!! I love you all!!!

Btw, We have hit 500 views on this story and 4K on my other!!! O.O omg!!!! I love you all so much!!! Thank you!!!! Hope you have a great day. Byeee