Canoeing and Paddle Splashes

"Oh yeah, let's go canoeing in a lake while its 110 degrees outside, and where we can possible drowned." I state as I tighten the life jacket around me and look to Kenny. "Literally this is a horrible idea!"

      "Relax Drew, this is fine, nothing bad is going to happen." He states as he holds out the container. "Now... Who wants to draw first?!" He cheers happily as my eyebrow twitches and I gently take one as the other follow behind. "Now! Get your partner!" I look around and I find myself stuck inside the canoe with Charlie.

      "I guess we are together." I whisper as I walk up to Charlie and he grabs a paddle handing it to me. "U-um..."

      "I'll sit in the back part..." He whispers stepping away and I puff up my cheeks as we are lead to orange canoes and he stands at the back. "Get in and I'll push us into the water." He whispers as I sit inside the front part and he rests his hands on the back. The bottom scruffs against the rocks of the bank as he pushes us forward and he hurries inside. Slowly, we paddle out and wait for the others.

     Once everyone is out in the water, we all follow Kenny's and Lucy's canoe along the lake. The water is clear as I look down to see fishes swimming under the shade of the boat. I swing my arms in deep paddles as the water swishes and I look around. Trees line the banks and I watch as birds and bugs fly about happily. The air fresh and nice, and this ridiculous life vest squeezes my chest. I quickly loosen is and smile happily as I can finally breath. I look at the reflection in the water and peer at Charlie. He paddles quietly without looking away from the front and I sigh as I paddle too.

      "You guys are so boring!" Dean shouts as he and Violet paddle forward and he smiles evilly. "Me and Violet are having tons of fun!"

     "Why are you two so quiet?" Violet asks as Charlie sighs and I glare silently.

     "Look, we are having tons of fun?" I bark as she nods not to convinced as I frown and look at Charlie as he simple sighs and paddles forward. "Say something."

      "Nothing to say." He states and Dean laughs as I look over at him. His lips are tucked into a low and fake frown.

     "Charlie is cranky." He says with a slight chuckle as he leans back slipping his paddle into the water and water flies hitting Charlie in the face. "Whoops."

     "Seriously Dean?" He whispers wiping his face and glaring. "Not in the mood."

      "Oh I understand." Dean states and does it once more. "Oops." He sings and Violet let's a small giggle erupt from her mouth and I look at Charlie. His face is set in a hard glare as I slips his paddle down hitting it where is splashes both of them. I cover my laugh as I hold my breath and Charlie smiles. "Why you little.... Is on!" He shouts and Charlie does it once more before paddling hard as o tumble forward.

     "Paddle Drew!" Charlie shouts as I try to keep up with Charlie and his sudden burst of energy. "Go go go!!!"

      "You're too fast!" I shout and the canoe goes sideways slightly and it slowly spins to where we are backwards.

     "Dammit." Charlie whispers as we stare as Dean and Violet sitting with their evil grins. Both their paddles pull back and a spray of water hits us soaking our bodies. I purse my lips together in a tight frown as Charlie hits the water and begins paddling backwards. I look at him and he flicks the paddle splashing them and I feel the canoe turn as we go back to our regular position and we paddle forward. I try my best once more to keep up as Dean shouts for us to stop. "What?!" Charlie shouts back as we stop the boat and they paddle beside us.

     "I have a little game." He says happily and looks at me. "Wanna play?"

      "What's the game?" Charlie asks and Dean smiles wider.

     "Let's race." He states and Charlie raises an eyebrow. "Winning team has the loser team buy them whatever they want for a whole day!" Dean states and Charlie bites his lip and nods. They extend hands and shake both smiling wickedly as the whisper one words and it sends shivers up my spine. "Deal."

•*•*•

     We are neck and neck once more as the lake comes to an end. I can see Kenny and them far away on the banks as sweat and lake water drips down my face. My arms ache as Charlie gives another big paddle forward in which they catch up. Violet and Dean defiantly aren't giving up but neither is Charlie. I for one, don't care if I have to buy stuff for a whole day, but for some reason, this feels like a bigger competition than that. Our arms swing out and I hear shouts from the bank and I look over. There behind our group who is cheering happily, a guy stands wearing an old fashion knights uniform and my eyes widen as I feel the canoe rock. My heart leaps into my throat as I look down into the water and the bank slips under. I look to Charlie who sits happily as Dean and Violet pull beside us, defeat clear on their faces.

     "We won!" I shout as w enough tumble over the middle sections and we hug. His body is drenched with water and a smell like colon. Quietly we pull away with big smiles as I lean back and turn to Dean. Standing up I point my finger at him and stick my tongue out. "HA!!!" I shout and dance slightly. "We won! Hahahah-AHHH!" My foot slips as I tumble into the water and the canoe tips as Charlie falls out too. Bursts of laugher fall around me and I look up at them. Charlie lies beside me in the water laughing with them, and I too find myself laughing hysterically at the weird situation. Sure, we are soaked and everything seems weird as people stare at us, but it is such a funny situation which only we could possible be in. I take the extended hand as Dean pulls me up and into his chest which is surprisingly warm.

     "Okay you won... What do you want tomorrow?" He asks as I laugh slightly and lean back looking at him.

      "How about some of that homemade ice cream?" I whisper as his eyes take on an odd shine but his lips form a big smile. One, I haven't really seen before.

•*•*•

Hey!! Thanks so much for reading!!! I hope you guys enjoyed! Please, remember to vote, comment, add and or follow for more updates and stories! Guys! Make sure to check out my story coffee shop at the corner ! It is up for the Wattys2016 lol it's kinda just a thing to see what happens! Anyway! Thanks again and I hope you enjoy!!!