Erza x Male! Reader

Requested by: awesome_conan
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2nd pov

~~~~~~~

For the past 5 years, you've been trying to get your crush, Erza's, attention. After countless of times trying but chickening out last minute, you've finally worked up enough courage to ask her out. 

You wanted come up with an elaborate plan to ask her and asked for the help of Natsu and Gray. Sadly, you forgot how they always disagree on everything and cause trouble. 

"Tch, your idea is lame!! Who'd want a bouquet of flowers on fire?!"

"Well no one would want an ice statue of themselves!!"

Natsu and Gray glared at each other before colliding heads.

"Flame brain!!"

"Ice princess!!"

"Hey, could you guys not head butt each other while you're at my apartment. It'll only lead to more fighting and I the landlord already hates me for always paying rent late." You told them while setting a glass of water for each of them on the table. 

They glared at each other again before scooting to sit on opposite sides of the sofa, occasionally growling at each other.

"So are you guys gonna help me or not? Or do I have to get Lucy to call Loke over to help me instead?" 

"I don't get why you have to make it extremely fancy, just ask her out. Buy some flowers, make a card, I don't know." Gray advised you.

"Well it's not like you had to get Juvia to like you. She was practically glued to your side even before you asked her out."

Gray casually shrugged but a small smile came upon his face as he thought about his girlfriend.

"Make her food. Lucy loves when I make her food, even if I always burn it." Natsu smiled as he told you about his girlfriend. "Erza really loves strawberry cake."

He and Gray suddenly froze and looked at each other before they both shuddered at memories of Erza's cake incidents. 

"That's not bad." You snapped your fingers as an idea came to you. "I'll bake her a strawberry cake and tomorrow morning I'll decorate the guild hall before she comes and give it to her! It's a perfect foolproof plan!!" 

You pumped your fist into the air as the feeling of victory overcame while Natsu and Gray high fived in the back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, Natsu and Gray decided that they would help you. Although you were slightly hesitant on allowing them to help, you'd eventually gave in because you knew you wouldn't be able to bake a cake and decorate the guild all by yourself before Erza arrived.

After Gray and Natsu left the day before, you took a quick trip to the guild to ask Mira for a recipe for strawberry cake. Upon learning your reasoning for needing the recipe, she also gave you a whole stack of recipes that Erza loved along with a book titled 'How to Shine Armor: A 101 Guide for Dummies!'. 

On your way back home you stopped by the market to buy the ingredients Mira listed before popping into the bakery to buy a slice of cake to try for yourself. The owner of the bakery told you that although their cake was not the most popular item they offered, Erza always stopped by to buy a couple dozen whenever she wasn't busy. 

You were in the back kitchen of the guild baking the cake by yourself. You'd told Natsu and Gray that you were counting on them to finish their task efficiently without having to have someone looking after them. They told you that you had nothing to worry about before proceeding to hang up some cherry red streamers. 

You let them do their thing while you did yours. Occasionally, you'd heard some arguing and muted crashes through the wall, but you chose to ignore it hoping for the best. 

After the cake was finished and decorated, you carried it out to the main area only to find the two helpers gone and the guild a mess. You nearly dropped the cake in a panic but quickly composed yourself as the guild door opened. 

"Natsu, Gray, come help me clean up this mess you made! I leave you alone for one hour and this is what happens?!"

Only, it wasn't Gray and Natsu who entered, but Erza who's eyes widened at the sight of a completely wrecked hall at the crack of dawn. 

"E-Erza! You're here so early!"

"(Y/n), what happened?" A serious expression was on her face as she stepped over broken chairs and around overturned tables to make her way towards you.

"Well about that, I actually wanted to decorate the guild hall for you and I let Natsu and Gray help me while I was baking this cake for you...." You explained while holding the cake a little higher for her to see.

Erza looked down slightly to see you holding a pre-sliced strawberry cake in one hand and several dishes and silverware in the other. Her eyes sparkled as she grabbed a plate and scooped herself a generous portion of the cake (as in 3/4 of it). She gobbled it down in seconds before eyeing the rest of the cake that you were holding. You exchanged the plate of cake you were holding with the plate she'd used to eat, allowing her to have the rest of the cake.  She happily ate the rest of it before smiling at you.

"Thank you for making this for me (y/n), I appreciate that you thought of me. "

"No problem Erza, I really like you."

"Hey, would you make me more cake in the future?"

"Of course! Anything for you!" 

She smiled at you again before starting to clean the guild before the rest of the guild came. 

~In Erza's Head~

Yes! More cake for me!! I wonder if the bakery is open...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(a/n) Honestly, making cake is a once a year type thing for me. You have to have a bunch of batter and icing for just one layer and usually people like to have two or three layers so you have to make it twice and it takes a freaking long time to frost (although that's the best part) and then all the hard work will be gone in a couple days. Yeah, I start off thinking it's a good idea and halfway through I'm just like, when is this gonna end?

Leave your favorite cake flavor----> 

Mines is plain vanilla or angel cake <3

Byee~t