Sting x Reader

Requested by: Fairy_tail-for-life

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2nd pov

~~~~~~~

You've known Rogue for as long as you could remember. He was there when you first joined the guild, he was there when you first started dating (which he was extremely mad about), he was even there for your birth! He was constantly around you even when you didn't want him to be. This was probably because he was your older brother.

Being Rogue's younger sibling had many perks. For starters, Rogue had a really big reputation around Fiore as one of the two twin dragon slayers. You, being his sibling, also had an equally big reputation that was started after some of Rogue's fangirls found out you were related to him. The biggest perk in your opinion, was meeting his best friend Sting Eucliffe. You'd known Sting for as long as you could remember. At first you were a bit weary of this exuberant person,  but soon found yourself liking him as more than a friend. 

Recently, you'd noticed Sting acting a little weird around you. You would try to start conversations but he'd cut in saying he was busy and needed to be elsewhere. A few minutes later you would find him at the guild hall laughing and talking with friends. You'd decided against confronting him but had paid attention to all the other times when he'd tried to avoid you. You tried to discreetly ask Rogue if he'd noticed Sting's change in behavior but Rogue, being completely oblivious, had told you that he hadn't noticed Sting acting weird and that you were just crazy. 

A couple weeks later your birthday arrived. You'd hoped that Sting would've gotten over whatever weird funk he had going on and return to the normal, fun and loving Sting you were used to but to your disappointment he stayed aloof and distanced himself from you. 

The whole guild gathered to wish you a happy birthday, giving you gifts and warm hugs before dispersing into their daily lives. You sat alone in the outdoor space behind the guild hall with your pile of presents. It was a tradition that every year after you've gotten presents from your friends and guild members, Sting would be waiting for you with a special gift. You'd looked forward to Sting's present every year, given it wasn't the biggest or most expensive, it was the most thoughtful and you knew it had taken him a long time to find the gift or make it. 

A gentle hand landing on your head caused you to snap out of your reverie and jump out of your seat. You turned around ready to punch someone only to find Sting looking at you sheepishly. 

"Hey, (Y/n)."

You stared at him trying to comprehend what was happening. You were so happy that he was talking to you again after what seemed like years of ignoring you... On the other hand you were steaming mad at him for doing that in the first place. 

"Don't you 'Hey' me! You've been ignoring me for months!" You reached up ready to smack him silly but then slowly retreated as you realized what you were going to do. 

"I know, and I wanted to apologize and tell you why." He sat down on the bench and beckoned you to sit next to him. You took a seat and he started his story.

"From the moment I first met you, I've always thought of you as my little sibling." He paused as if he said something wrong, "You were my best friend's sibling so therefore you were my sibling too. I watched you grow into an amazing person. So strong, and caring, and just perfect. I soon realized that I didn't see you as a little sibling..." 

He paused again scratching the back of his neck and facing away from you.

"I slowly started liking you more and more each day and I didn't even notice until a couple months ago. When I did notice, it became weird to be around you. Would you think of me as an older brother? Or would you return my feelings? I just didn't want to know."

"Sting...I-I like you too. I have for a really long time." You confessed to him. 

He snapped his head to you in shock before a smile overtook his face and he pulled you into a long awaited hug. Sting suddenly pulled back and dashed behind a nearby tree. He quickly ran back to you and shoved a giant bouquet of flowers into your face.

"I bought the biggest one I can find! Please be with me forever!" 

"Sting! I-achoo-am allergic to-achoo- flowers! Idiot! ACHOO!!" 

"I forgot!" He threw the flowers behind him as a red blush spread across his face.

You laughed at his expression before leaning in to kiss his cheek and responding to his earlier statement.

"Ok, I'll be with you forever."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n OH MAH GOSH SO MUCH CHEEESSSSEEEEEE!! Sorry ;p

So school started and I'm already very busy. I have two tests this coming week, a presentation, and I'll have quizzes every two weeks for my medical terminology and health occupations class from now on. This is what I get for choosing the hardest classes lol. I also start driving ed classes soon so I won't have a lot of time for writing on the weekends.

But I'll try and write after school because I have to wait for my mom to pick me up. I'm very motivated to get this book finished and publish my new (but not really that new) projects...

Until the next chap~t