Laxus x Reader

Requested by: _piercethefloyd_
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2nd pov

~~~~~~~~

All the girls of the guild stood frozen in stone on stage as Evergreen announced herself the rightful winner of the Miss. Fairy Tail contest. All except for (y/n), who opted out of competing this year and was hiding among the crowd. Laxus, Freed, and Bickslow appeared on stage next to Evergreen.

"The real festival begins now! Why don't we play a man...old geezer? Fantasia is late at night. If we hurry people might be able to see it." Laxus announced with a mocking smile on his face. Makarov demanded for Laxus to stop only for him to strike a bolt of lightning down barely missing Lucy. He wrapped an arm around her and leaned against her looking out at the crowd of guild members.

"I'll take these girls as hostages. I'll destroy them one by one if you break the rules...Like I said, this is the main show."

You quickly ducked behind Elfman when Laxus started looking around. Thinking he averted his attention elsewhere you looked around Elfman only to find Laxus staring straight at you.

"The rules are simple. The last survivor wins! Fairy Tail fight starts now!!"

Natsu automatically sprang into action wanting to get a chance at beating Laxus before getting struck down by lightning.

"If you want them to return to normal, you'll have to defeat us." Evergreen said taking over for Laxus, "If you can't defeat us they will turn into sand. The time limit is three hours."

A bright light flooded the guild hall before it disappeared revealing that the Thunder God Tribe was gone. Everyone ran to go find them and save the girls, but it was soon discovered that there was a few exceptions to who could and couldn't participate in the games. Makarov as well as the dragon slayers were blocked by a spell that Freed had put up. Makarov sighed as the rest of the eligible players ran off before turning around to think of a plan. He suddenly spotted you standing in the same place, shocked about what has happened.

"(Y/n). Come here."

Snapping out of your daze you quickly approached Makarov.

"You and Laxus. You were close?"

"Umm, I suppose. We were really good friends when we were smaller then he met Ever and Bickslow and Freed and I think he kinda forgot about me."

"Hmm" Makarov rubbed his mustache before a lightbulb popped above his head," (Y/n) go convince Laxus to stop this madness."

"Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to convince him..." you said rubbing the tips of your pointer fingers together.

"Well I guess that means that you really don't care about him." Makarov replied turning around, acting like it didn't matter.

"H-hey! I do care!! Just to prove it, I'm going to talk to him now!"

You walked out of the guild hall not noticing the evil smile on Makarov's face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here you were standing in front of the grand cathedral, realizing what'd just happened.

"Oh narts, I've been duped."

Surprisingly, you didn't run into any trouble on the way here. You'd expected to be bombarded by wizard after wizard trying to get to the top spot. But no one stopped you. You were 100% sure Evergreen wanted to hit you with a few spells when you ran into her on the way here, but she simply glared at you and walked away.

The door creaked slightly as you pushed it open, creating an eerie atmosphere.

"(Y/n)?" Looking up from the ground, you saw Laxus sitting on a chair in the middle of the room, "What are you doing here?"

"I was looking for you." You pushed the door closed and walked towards him.

He sat up straight when you were less then a feet from him before standing up and closing the distance.

"Why? How? I thought I told Freed to make a rune that wouldn't let you leave the guild." He grabbed your shoulders and led you to another part of the cathedral.

"Wait, what? Why? Never mind, whatever. Laxus, why are you doing this?"

"I have to for my dad-"

"No Laxus, you know this isn't right!" You exclaimed breaking out of his hold. "You love Fairy Tail! Don't deny it!"

"Tch, (y/n) you wouldn't understand-"

He was cut off by Natsu barging in.

"Wait here. Do my move."

He quickly left leaving you alone. After several hours of waiting alone, you got worried about him and Natsu, especially because all of the loud fighting noises suddenly stopped. You cautiously walked in the direction you remembered Laxus went before finding the room you entered when you first came in. Laxus lay in the middle, all bloody and bruised.

"Laxus!!"

He turned his face to meet yours and smiled.

"Why are you smiling you idiot!? You're hurt!" You scolded as you ran over to him to examine his wounds.

"You're not hurt. That's all that matters." He held your hand as it brushed over his arm.

"Psh 'you're not hurt' of course I'm hurt! I'm hurt because you're hurt! I'm hurt because everyone else is hurt! I'm hurt because I did nothing to help! Laxus, you're going to get kicked out of the guild!"

"I know I will (Y/n), you don't have to worry because of me."

"Laxus why?"

"I can't tell you now, you wouldn't understand. But I will when I come back, I swear. I love you (y/n)." Laxus had tears slowly running down his face. You wiped it away using the hand that he wasn't holding before wiping your own tears.

"I love you too Laxus."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(a/n) I wrote half of this on my phone while at lunch break, it's not my best work, but I do like this one more than most of my other ones.

And it's also vaguely familiar, so sorry if it was a previous chapter, I don't really remember all the chapters I've written cause I have like, 78 of them.

Until next time~t