Chapter 1: October

I couldn't wait to publish this! Thank you for your character submissions. You will start seeing them pop in for the next few chapters. I'm excited for everyone to get to know the new characters that made it! So here's the first chapter for the new story! (:

----------------------------------------------------

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

"Are you ready Los Angeles?" Sam Evans asked the five thousand people in the stadium as he reached his microphone stand. "Up next we're playing you one of my personal favorite songs. This is our rendition of it so sing along if you know it. One, two... One, two, three, four!"

He began to strum his guitar and the crowd went wild, especially because he was joined by his band mates.

["What I Like About You" by The Romantics.]

All (Tyler): Hey! (Uh huh huh)

With John Brown on bass, Tyler Nichols also on guitar, and Alex Zimmerman on drums, Crystal Army was a fierce force to be dealt with.

All (Tyler): Hey! (Uh huh huh)

***

Just a few blocks over from where the guys were kicking off their song, Juliet Vasquez was among the many celebrities walking the red carpet in Hollywood for the premier of the highly-anticipated Disney and Pixar film, Cursed.

Sam: What I like about you. You hold me tight. Tell me I'm the only one, wanna come over tonight, yeah.

Beside her, Ryder Lynn smiled at cameras and held her by the waist, feeling completely out of place. She was doing a splendid job of working the carpet and was thrilled to have him there as her date to the event, especially because she hadn't seen him in several weeks prior to that. But this was the last way he wanted to spend the one day they got to have together.

"Juliet, how about we get some cast photos?" asked Courtney, her publicist who was now signaling her towards a few of the other voices for the film.

Tyler with Sam (Alex and John): Keep on whispering in my ear. (Ahh ahh ahh) Tell me all the things that I wanna hear. (Ahh ahh ahh) 'Cause it's true. (That's what I like about you) That's what I like about you. (That's what I like about you)

Julie nodded and turned to Ryder. "I'll be right in. Just give me a second to get these pics, ok?"

"Sure," Ryder agreed, walking on his own towards the theater. Before entering, however, he turned back and saw Julie already standing with her cast mates, the paparazzi focusing on her and Nick Jonas, who also happened to be her tour mate. He had his arm around her and they were smiling as they boasted about how much fun it was working with each other, so Ryder sighed and went inside on his own, knowing there was no point in continuing to watch from the outside.

Alex: What I like about you. You really know how to dance. When you go up, down, jump around. Think about true romance, yeah.

***

LIMA, OHIO

"People are calling Crystal Army today's Beatles," a woman on the television screen said as Travis and Jake ran treadmills next to each other, with Sebastian sitting down a few feet away quietly supervising.

Travis scoffed, looking at Sebastian, who was quietly reading some of the new research data he had just received. After lowering down the TV volume, Travis turned to Sebastian and said, "Why do they talk about the band so much on these tabloid programs nowadays? And where are you on getting me some media attention, huh? They should be saying these things about me."