Chapter 107: On a Score Board

I think there will probably be 110 chapters. I'm excited to finish this book and get to the next one.

Don't quote me on the 110 chapters thing btw. I could end it sooner.

-----------------------------------

Wednesday, July 10, 2024 - CRUISE DAY SIX - 8:30 AM

When John woke up, Kara's head was on his chest and Addison's by his arm. They were all so close on the big bed and for a second the great feelings of the previous night put a smile on his face.

But then the rest of it came in, like why it was so wrong, why it was a problem, why he was a terrible friend. And the smile faded. "Holy shit," he muttered. It took some maneuvering to get Kara off of him but once he managed to roll off of bed from under her, he was good to go.

As he slipped onto some shorts that were tossed on the ground, he walked towards the door and then looked back at them. They looked so peaceful and innocent, like they hadn't been the two wildest women he'd ever met just a couple of hours ago.

Shaking his head, John opened the door and nearly jumped up when he saw Kitty there, with her fist up ready to knock and the other hand holding a mug. 

"Hi," she said, surprised to find him up. 

John quickly walked out into the hallway and shut the door. "Um, hi," he said. "What are you doing here?"

"Despite you being a big fat jerk last night," she said, "I figured you'd be even more intolerable hungover so..." She raised up a mug for him, which he took cautiosly. 

He caught a whiff of it and said, "Coffee. Thanks. Kitty, about last night."

"I get it," she said. "You're like this when you drink. Somewhere between being mopey and having sex with the first person or thing who doesn't turn you away so who had the misfortune this time?"

John stared blankly at her and muttererd an, "Uhhhh..."

"Hey, I'm just joking," she told him, laughing. "Don't get so offended. I know you usually just hump a pillow and fall asleep."

John laughed nervously and said, "Yeah. That's probably true. But I am sorry I was a jerk to you last night. Today I wake with the burden of remembering everything about last night. The good and... Yelling at you and seeing Vince down to his underwear."

"He is really skinny," Kitty laughed. "But he makes up for it with power."

John made a face and then said, "I'm kind of hungry. Are you hungry? Maybe we should go get breakfast before everyone else wakes up."

"Aren't you gonna put on a shirt?" she asked. 

He looked down at his bare chest and shrugged, "Do I really need one? We may get service faster if I go like this."

He laughed but Kitty squinted her eyes at him, catching on to how weird he was being. Then as she put it all together, she said, "Who?"

"Come again?" he said.

"Who is in there?" Kitty said, crossing her arms. "Who'd you sleep with last night? When I left the only ones left were... Ugh, you slept with that publicist again, didn't you?" John scratched the back of his neck. "No? John... Please tell me it wasn't Kara. Forget Julie being mad about you sleeping with Addison. Alex will kill you if you slept with Kara. That's like a huge brocode rule broken right there."

John let out a deep breath and said, "So breakfast or what?"

"Fine," Kitty said. "Let's go then."