Chapter 68: Triple Date

I think this is the longest chapter I've ever posted. Enjoy!

Charts

---------------------------------------------

["I Got You (I Feel Good)" by James Brown.]

Jake: Wo! I feel good!

When Jake woke up a week after Alex's birthday, once again in Ohio, he felt brand new. He had left North Carolina, done some promo for the past week, and come back home to sleep in his own bed for the first time in a while. 

Jake: I knew that I would, now. I feel good, I knew that I would, now. So good, so good, I got you.

And now that he was back up for another day, he couldn't feel any more energized. Dancing around his room immediately after getting out of bed, he made his way out to the bathroom.

Jake: Wo! I feel nice, like sugar and spice. I feel nice, like sugar and spice. So nice, so nice, I got you.

As the sax played two licks all the way to the bridge of the song playing in his head, he danced across the bathroom, from one end to the other and back. Then, he grabbed his toothbrush from the sink and sang to himself in the mirror.

Jake: When I hold you in my arms I know that I can do no wrong and when I hold you in my arms. My love won't do you no harm and I feel nice, like sugar and spice. I feel nice, like sugar and spice. So nice, so nice, I got you.

After brushing his teeth, he came back out of the bathroom, once again dancing his way to the bedroom, where he searched for clothes to put on. He had a long day ahead of him and was heading back on the road soon, so his time in Lima had to be put to good use.

Jake: Wo! I feel good, I knew that I would, now. I feel good, I knew that I would. So good, so good, 'cause I got you. So good, so good, 'cause I got you. So good, so good, 'cause I got you.

But nothing, nothing at all, could get him off his engagement high.

Jake: Hey! Oh yeah-a!