Chapter 10: Your New Lover

This chapter starts with the last scene you may have seen (lol, sorry, pun intended) in the last chapter. Nothing changed, I just wanted to even out the lengths of the chapters :P

Another chapter to follow soon, sorry for the wait :P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Shana walked into Adonis that night, she couldn't stop smiling. She looked radiant, glowing from head to toe and reeling from the adrenaline that the morning had built up in her.

It didn't take long for her to find her friends all waiting for her at a table. They hated when she asked them to meet up on a weekday at the club, but it was the best location in the center of where they all lived, so here they were now.

When she reached the table, Kayli immediately looked up and said, "There you are! So... Show us."

"Show you what?" Shana asked, confused.

"Your hand!" Zoe exclaimed as Leila said, "The ring!"

Shana gasped and looked at each of their faces. "How on earth do you know already? Did Bree tell you? Ugh, I wanted to share the news first!"

Kayli laughed, "Sorry, it was actually me."

"How did you know?"

"I helped her out!" Kayli said proudly. "Remember? I asked you to go to the Lima Bean?"

"Oh right!" Shana recalled the events from before Santana had arrived. She put her left hand out for them to see the ring and all three were in awe. "I'm getting married, bitches!"

"Oh my gosh," said Zoe incredulously. "That's one huge diamond."

"It probably cost a fortune," Kayli told her, wiggling her eyebrows. "Like, everything her album made in its debut week."

"It made a couple grand short of a million dollars that first week," Shana told them proudly, "not including all the money her singles have made alone or the sales from the weeks after that.... My baby is rich as fuck. Get yourself a woman who's bringing in the bacon ladies." The girls laughed as she added, "Or in you boring people's cases, a man." She put her hand down and narrowed her eyes on Leila. "Speaking of rich potential husbands... How did it go with Dan? You have to spill the beans. I'm pulling the bride card."

"You can only use that card when you're about to get married," Leila pointed out, rolling her eyes.

"Then I'll Bree right out of here, elope, and then you'll have to tell me."

Leila groaned, covering her eyes as she said, "It was an utter disaster. I was mortified."

"What?" Zoe asked. "Why? What happened?"

"Nothing happened," Leila sighed. "We went to dinner and it was just forks, spoons, knives... Chatter from the people around us. But only crickets at our table."

"Eww," Shana said.

"Metaphorically," Kayli chimed in, rolling her eyes.

"Still eww," Shana told her.

Leila uncovered her face in shame and said, "You can't set me up ever again. That was one of the worst dates of my life."

"And you were an escort so that's saying something," said Sarah, appearing seemingly out of nowhere.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Kayli asked her immediately. "Are you, like, stalking us or something? Because I'll so put a restraining order on your ass."