Chapter 110: In a Marathon

The super long final chapter of this book!!!!!!!!!! This is the longest chapter I've ever written (and will probably ever write) but I wanted to make it special and pack in as much for all the characters that different people care about. Enjoy ^.^

-------------------------------------

"So, who's next?" Alex asked. "We have about fifteen minutes left."

When nobody budged, Joe encouraged them, "Come on guys! We need points. Gryffindor? Ravenclaw? Anyone?"

The doors opened and everyone seemed to turn back at Amity, who had arrived just in time to be noticed. Trying to divert attention from her in her time of crisis, Alex said, "Ok, how about this? Whoever goes next gets double the points?"

"I'll go," said Amity as she walked down to the front.

Alex watched her dubiously but Joe said, "Awesome! Give it up for Amity everyone!"

As they clapped and Amity reached the stage, she said, "But I know I'm not alone here so... anybody wanna join me in singing Don't Let Me Down?"

She looked through the audience and accidentally spotted Tabitha, who was avoiding eye contact with her. She ignored it as best as she could and finally began to find members of her team. 

"Double points," she insisted. "Anyone?"

"Nobody knows your flop song!" Luke called out. Bree reached over to slap his arm, so he added, "I'm kidding! Sort of..."

"Why don't we get one person from each team then?" Amity encouraged them. "That way we each get a point." She looked through the crowd and started calling people out, "Um, Ryder and Mike and Carrie. Get up here!"

Carrie looked around in confusion, wondering how Amity could expect her to just go along with it when they weren't even friends. However, when Mike and Ryder obliged, no questions asked, she started getting pressure from her teammates to go.

"Hurry!" Bree rushed her as started joining them.

"Yes, let's go ahead and play the song then," Amity said as she handed everyone microphones. The DJ shrugged and followed her orders.

["Don't Let Me Down" by The Chainsmokers.]

Amity: Crashing, hit a wall. Right now I need a miracle. Hurry up now, I need a miracle. 

She looked at the three other people on stage with her but none of them seemed very eager about singing, so she kept going.

Amity: Stranded, reaching out. I call your name but you're not around. I say your name but you're not around. 

Amity elbowed Ryder and he stumbled forward, taking the microphone to his lips and continuing the song for her.

Ryder: I need ya, I need ya, I need you right now. Yeah, I need you right now. So don't let me, don't let me, don't let me down. I think I'm losing my mind now. 

As Ryder struggled with the song, Amity took over and nudged the others, getting them to join in as well.

Amity with All: It's in my head, darling, I hope. That you'll be here, when I need you the most. So don't let me, don't let me, don't let me down. D-don't let me down.

The beat dropped and Amity put an arm in the air, waving it with excitement at everyone enjoying the song like she'd hoped they would. After all, she'd be promoting this for the next couple of weeks. It was good for them to like it.

All: Don't let me down. Don't let me down, down, down. Don't let me down, don't let me down, down, down.

Amity turned to Carrie and pointed at her, putting her on the spot and forcing her to sing a few lines.