Chapter 43: Rotten to the Core

It was around 11:30 PM and nobody seemed to be as tired as Finn had expected them to. They were back in the choir room once again, where Mercedes, Tina, Blaine and Kurt were presenting them with their own glee club Disney number.

["One Little Slip" by Barenaked Ladies.]

Mercedes: It was a recipe for disaster. A four course meal of no sirree. It seemed that happily ever after was happy everyone was after me.

Generally everyone was enjoying it, sitting around the room and listening attentively. 

Blaine: It was a cup of good intentions. A table spoon of one big mess. A dash of over reaction. I assume you know the rest.

Everyone except for Alex, who was still thinking about how stupid he had been all night. He had already tried talking to Amity but every time he even got near her, something or someone pulled them off to go somewhere else.

Mercedes and Blaine: One little slip, One little slip. It was a fusion of confusion with a few confounding things.

Right now, Amity was sitting on the other side of the room, watching with a smile as Tina and Kurt sang side by side. 

Tina: I guess I probably took the wrong direction. Well I admit I might have missed a sign or two. I ran a light past your affection. At humiliation Avenue.

Dan sat beside her, and while no one else had noticed any changes, he knew something was different. He just couldn't tell what that was yet. 

Kurt: I took a right turn at confusion. A left when I shoulda gone straight on through. I ran ahead with my assumptions. We all know what that can do.

Tina turned to Kurt, giving him a spin and then sliding over to Blaine's side as Kurt and Mercedes took the front.

Tina and Kurt: One little slip, One little slip. It was a fusion of confusion with a few confounding things.

While they continued to sing, Julie leaned over to Bree and said, "Are you ok? Still feeling sick or..?"

Mercedes and Kurt: I get the feeling in this town. I'll never live till I live down the one mistake that seems to follow me around.

Bree turned to her, half of her attention still on the performance, and said, "Oh yeah, I'm sure I'm fine. But now that you mention it, there's something I want to talk to you about. Meet me outside after this performance?"

Blaine and Tina: But they'll forget about the sky when they all realize this guy's about to try to learn to fly or hit the ground.

Julie nodded, eager to get some one-on-one time with Bree, and turned back to the singers to see the rest of their number.

Blaine: It was a cup of good intentions.
Tina: A table spoon of one big mess.
Kurt: A dash of overreaction.
Mercedes: I assume you know the rest.

They all sang together, doing some not-so-great but still cute dancing around the room, and then finally completed their little routine.

All: One little slip, One little slip. It was a humble little stumble. With a big un-graceful... One little slip, One little slip. It was a fusion of confusion with a few confounding things. 

After everyone was done clapping, Finn said, "And there goes another great Disney performance!"

"I'm sorry but how was that song a Disney song?" Santana asked.

"Don't be so ignorant, chica," said Kitty mockingly. "It was featured in Chicken Little."

"It's off the soundtrack," Mercedes explained. "We knew it was a stretch but the songs Finn and Alex did were the same deal, right?"