Chapter 71: I'm Ugly

APRIL FOOLS IN DECEMBER. I have no life. I won't stop writing this story until I'm 85. Maybe. Who knows. Anyway, the next two chapters were already written so I definitely had no plans on ever ever stopping. Thanks for all the love if I ever did decide to stop but I love y'all too much and these characters and ships and stuff to quit! <3 

So basically, I'm just an ugly troll. Sorry for lying, my momma never taught me fire safety for my pants.
--------------------------------------------------

[Airplanes is on week 5 now.]

"Twenty

"Twenty... five..?" Sarah said, slowly sinking down on her chair. 

"I know you were hoping for bigger numbers but you sold considerably more than we had predicted you would," Sebastian responded. 

They sat in his office the morning of October 16, when her album's first week sales had debuted. Sarah was extremely disappointed in the results but the label, and therefore Sebastian, were counting it as a success.

"You're a brand new artist," Sebastian reminded her. "Your following, though small, is loyal and consist primarily of YouTube subscribers. You haven't had an actual hit song yet. But when that happens, and we will make it happen, you can expect numbers to rise. If we can get you a hit this era, your next album is guaranteed to do better. And look at the bright side: your single actually went up thanks to the release of your album."

"Do you think it'll go up much higher than this though?" asked Sarah, a scowl on her face.

"Who knows?" Sebastian shrugged. "Country radio loves you though and you're doing very well on the country charts. Your first single peaked at number 5 on the official country charts, Sarah. That's incredible. Don't let the overall charts distract you from the fact that you are killing it with your target demographic. And for your next single we know exactly what to do to make it even more successful."

Sarah rolled her eyes but nodded, knowing she didn't have room to complain. In the last week alone, she had gotten more attention from the label than she had in the last six months. She had to accept what she was receiving.

***

"Ok, so we're finally going to hang out this week, right?" John asked Alex as they left the recording studio. A two hour session had ended up fruitless but that didn't matter to John, who had been eager to get his friends together in a normal setting for the first time in a while.