Chapter 46: Too Good

["Telescope" by Hayden Panettiere.]

Sarah: Yeah...

Blaine sat back in his chair and turned to Jeremy, who was standing beside him in the studio. Sarah had decided that she was ready to finish her album, something which she had been slow on progress in the recent weeks. 

Sarah: Won't do no good, if you run from me. There ain't no cheatin', schemin' my heart don't see . You left your troubles in my head, in my head. You left your secrets in my bed, in my bed.

Now she had written a new song in just under an hour and it could be her best yet. Blaine loved it and he knew Sebastian would, too. 

Sarah: You're like the cover of a book that's been read, baby. I know what line is coming next, coming next.

Jeremy, however, was terrified. She had a scary look on her face and she looked pissed. Given the nature of the song she had written and recent events, he had a nagging feeling that the song was about him.

Sarah: You can't hide from me. There ain't no tricks that you can try on me. I know your every move before you even breathe baby. Thinking you know something I don't know. But my eyes, my eyes, my eyes are like a telescope.

He wasn't wrong; since overhearing his conversation with Kayli, Sarah had felt a surge of inspiration and had not stopped thinking of lyrics. She didn't want her album to end up like one of Taylor Swift's, but if she wanted to keep one diss song to a boyfriend that came out of all of this, it was this one. 

Sarah: You're kissing her, when my head is turned. You must be crazy baby, haven't you learned? You can't deceive me silly child, silly child. I don't believe that pretty smile, pretty smile. 

Blaine looked up at Jeremy again. Was he... Was he sweating? No, it must just be the glare of the light shining on his forehead. It wasn't hot in the room at all.

Sarah: My intuition can see for miles and miles baby. Every little sin, and everywhere you've been.

Jeremy glanced at Blaine and then wiped the sweat off his forehead. This was not good. This was not good at all. 

Sarah: You can't hide from me. There ain't no tricks that you can try on me. I know your every move before you even breathe baby. Thinking you know something I don't know. But my eyes, my eyes, my eyes are like a telescope. Yeah, yeah.

Sarah was really scary and mean every day. How much worse could she be when she was mad? It really was a scary thought.

Sarah: You left your troubles in my head, in my head. You left your secrets in my bed...

He bit his finger in waiting, wanting the song to end already as she seemed to grow angrier with every line. 

Sarah: You can't hide from me. There ain't no tricks that you can try on me. I know your every move before you even breathe baby. Thinking you know something I don't know. But my eyes, my eyes, my eyes are like a telescope.

When the song did end, Blaine clapped his hands and Sarah smiled at him, but before either he or Jeremy could tell her anything, Sarah said, "You should tell Sebastian to set me up with new producers. Real, professional, experienced producers. No offense but you and he and Dani just aren't enough for an artist like me. I'm here to give you hits. And you just heard one. I need the right producer for it stat, not you and an intern."

Jeremy opened his mouth but by then Sarah had already left the room. "You get in a fight?" Blaine asked him curiously.

"I think we did," Jeremy answered. "Apparently..."