Chapter 49: Twix

Guys there's been a glitch recently where the first few comments people post get posted onto the last chapter. Idk why it's happening but there's literally so many spoilers at the end of all the chapters now so I've been having to delete some of them and it's really annoying so when you make your first comment, please go back and then click on the chapter again to make sure the comment was posted to the right place. Thank you!
------------------------------------------------------------------

["Realize" by Colbie Caillat.]

Alex: Take time to realize that your warmth is crashing down on in...

Julie paid attention to the rhythm and memorized the notes on the song sheet Alex had given her. He watched her read the paper, studying her every movement and trying to see if he was as clueless about her as she seemed to be about him.

Alex: Take time to realize that I am on your side... Didn't I, didn't I tell you?

Julie looked up, surprised to find his eyes on her, and smiled. The song was good, really good. And it did make her think of how she felt about Caleb, so she wondered now how it was that Alex knew before she even explained it to him.

Alex (with Julie): But I can't spell it out for you. (No, it's never gonna be that simple.) No, I can't spell it out for you.

She started moving from side to side along to the beat and that's when Alex knew she wasn't thinking about him at all. Unlike him, she was totally relaxed right now. Not at all tense.

Both: If you just realize what I just realized, then we'd be perfect for each other, and we'll never find another. Just realize what I just realized. We'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now...

And he had enough tension for the both of them as he sang, wishing he didn't currently have John's voice in his head telling him not to rush into telling her anything just yet.

Alex: It's not the same. No, it's never the same. If you don't feel it too...

Julie had Santana's voice in her head, telling her just about the opposite about how to handle her crush on Caleb.

Alex with Julie: If you meet me halfway. If you would meet me halfway. It could be the same for you...

Alex faced down and closed his eyes. To tell her or not to tell her. That was the question.

Both: If you just realize what I just realized. Then we'd be perfect for each other. And we'll never find another. Just realize what I just realized. We'd never have to wonder. Just realize what I just realized. If you just realize what I just realized.

If he told her, then he had a few hours to convince her he was the guy for her before the guy she wanted arrived. But if he couldn't do that, then it was going to damage their friendship, at the very least temporarily. If he didn't say anything though, Caleb would get in the way and who knows how long it would take for the guy to disappear, if ever. No, he had to tell her.

Alex (Both): Oh. Missed out on each other now. Missed out on each other now, yeah... (Realize... Realize... Realize... Realize...)

He strummed for a few more seconds and Julie searched the page for more lyrics. Sadly, it was over.

"That was great," she said when he stopped. "Amazing. I love it."

"To be honest it's not really for your album," he said.

"Then what is it for?" she asked, putting the notebook aside.

"If John would shut up for just a second I could tell you," he said, confusing her even more. Alex took a deep breath and said, "The reason I wrote the song is that I've been thinking a lot and I was wondering if you thought it might be possible that you and I—"