Chapter 87: 2024 Grammys

Grammys. We're almost caught up sorta.

But first, this week's charts.

---------------------------------------------

"Do you think the girls will be fine without me?" asked Shana as Santana led she and Valentina into her hotel room. 

It was the Friday morning before the Grammys and she had just arrived in Los Angeles. She, Santana and Valentina were going to make their first red carpet walk as a family, giving Shana a lot to be nervous about, but she chose to focus on the least important.

"I really think they should've come to this," Shana went on as Santana poured juice into a sippy cup for Valentine, who was not very fond of bottles. "It's our big red carpet debut and it would've been nice to know that they were there with us, too."

"It would be too many people coming in together," Santana told her. "Then we'd all get split up for the individual pictures anyway."

Shana sighed, "I know but... Leila could've come. Just because she couldn't walk this with Jake... He and Travis aren't doing the carpet apparently but... Still. We were invited. Kayli didn't want to sit through a day of not winning anything. Zoe didn't want to come if they weren't coming. And I get that. It's weird for me to attend this without them now. I've been to plenty of Grammys and other awards without them but it was usually as the date of some rapper or a singer or... When I was modeling it was easy to just get paired off with any rising star in need of arm candy or a seat warmer inside the arena. But ever since I've become a singer and a part of this group I feel incomplete doing public things without them."

"You don't need them at your side every second," Santana told her. "You're great just you... And if that doesn't do it then remember you'll have us."

Shana nodded, looking down at her daughter and Santana. The latter was a pro but the truth was that she was worried about Valentina. Nobody except Santana thought it was a good idea to bring her out in the camera in front of thousands of strangers but Santana wanted her wife and daughter there to support her on such a big night. And since the day the nominees were announced she had told Shana that she wanted she and Jesse at her side for the big night, Shana was incapable of denying her this.