Chapter 108: In a Team

This chapter is kinda short (by my standards) because I hadn't updated in a while and I didn't wanna wait so I guess it's a bit of a filler to some end. So here ya go!

----------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, July 10, 2024 - CRUISE DAY SIX - 6:10 PM

"This is kind of like Celebrity Family Feud," said one of the cruise staff members as she prepared to serve the crowd of teams as well as the contestants in the ship's theatre room.

"Shhh," her friend told her. "Just let them have their fun and stay out of their way." He cleared his throat and stepped forward for the job he was getting paid extra salary to do. With cards in hand, he stepped out in his suit and exclaimed, "It's time for Family Feud! This time it's a four way! Introducing... on the upstage left, Gryffindor!" 

Charlie, Julie, Kurt, Ryder and Unique stepped out to their counter, where five buzzards and microphones were waiting for them.

"And upstage right, we have Ravenclaw!"

Quinn, Alex, Albany, Tina and Christopher flowed out to their spots.

"Downstage left... Hufflepuff!"

Blaine, Mandy, Amity, Dan and Taylor took their places.

"And last but not least taking the downstage right panel, give it up for Slytherin!"

Led by Bree, the Slytherin panel was filled by her, Sebastian, Santana, Kitty and Kayli.

"My name is Stanley and I will be your host for tonight," said the staff member in front of them. "You are going to be battling it out for a whooping 40 points. The winning team gets all of them, the second place team gets 20, third place gets just 5 and fourth gets nothing. So are you ready to get started?"

The audience, which was just the people not competing, cheered, while Sebastian leaned to Santana and said, "We have to get at least second place."

"No," she told him. "We have to get first place."

He nodded and Stanley said, "Ok then, let's bring up Charlie, Quinn, Blaine and Bree."

As the named contestants went up to the round table that was serving as the main podium, Stefan turned to Mercedes and asked, "Uh, so how does this even work with four teams?"

"Same rules," Mercedes shrugged. "Except now there's four team's trying to buzz in all the time. More competitive this way, I guess."

"Your first question is," Stanley said, "quite relevant actually. Name something you might do on a cruise ship that you can't do on a submarine?"

"How is that relevant?" muttered Blaine, while his three opponents all just hit their buzzards without waiting. But the fastest was Charlie, who felt put on the spot when Stanley turned the attention to him.

"Uh..." he said. "Get on the deck."

"Get on the deck!" Stanley repeated. Behind him, on a projected screen, the scoreboard showing only six availble answers changed, so that the third answer read: Stand On Deck.

Charlie sighed with relief that he had at least gotten something right, while Stanley turned to the remaining contestants and they realized they were still allowed to take guesses.

They all slammed down on their buzzards but it was Bree who got to it first this time. "Swim," she said.

"Swim!" Stanley repeated, pointing to the screen. The second answer turned to reveal the exact word.