Chapter 67: The 2-4 Rule

GRAMMY NOMINATED ARTIST DEMI LOVATO.

Ok, now that that's out of the way. The chapter.

So this is a very long chapter and I'm sorry for that but I just didn't want to split it into pieces. Enjoy!

 Enjoy!

***

"6 is not a bad debut, not at all."

"At all! And did you see the jump your single made on the charts with the release of your album? It's this week's biggest gainer. TEN spots up right to number 14!"

"Now that you have this other hit to add to your... Jake? Are you listening to us?" 

Jake looked up at his team. Sebastian already had him in a meeting about where to go next. His album had tough competition and hadn't debuted as high as they hoped, only selling about 90k copies worldwide, 60k in the US. 

But that's not what had him bummed out and distracted. 

No.

What he couldn't stop thinking about as he sat with a group of strangers from Loud Motion Records in an office at the Los Angeles headquarters wasn't that his album hadn't sold much other than singles.

He hadn't talked to his girlfriend in three days. He wasn't even sure if he could still call her that.

***

"I just went home, packed a new suitcase, and left to the airport to wait out my flight," Leila said as she sat in her hotel room with Shana. "I feel so bad... But I didn't know what to tell him."

"And you didn't answer at all," Shana frowned, caressing her friends hair. "Why didn't you just tell him no?"

"I don't want to hurt him."

"Oh honey, this is hurting him," Shana sighed. "Not answering and just taking off? Just call him and explain yourself."

Leila rose to her feet and started pacing the floor, nearly hitting her hip with the TV counter's sharp corner. "What would I even tell him? That I'm hurt he would propose after knowing exactly what happened with John?"