Fanfiction

I made a lot of videos without really figuring out how exactly I would use them... But then I figured it out. Please watch them as you read!

You could also just skip this chapter since I'm not including much plot in it. I didn't even bother numbering it for that very same reason! 

---------------------------------------------------------

4 Years, 5 Months, 2 Days

Juliet Vasquez is destined for greatness. Actually, she already is great. Because Juliet Vasquez has a thing called integrity. And nothing or no one is ever going to change that.

Sam knew that from the moment that he met her. But she was dating his half-brother Alex—a half-brother he had enough of a troubled relationship with as it was. But he couldn't get her out of his head.

In high school he played on the basketball team with Alex and every time they had a game he had to see her cheering from the sidelines, cheering for her boyfriend and not for him. Beside her, her best friend Santana Lopez cheered, too, and Santana actually saw him.

She was fiercely independent, Santana Lopez. Brilliant and beautiful and brave. In two years, she had grown more than anyone I had ever known. Santana Lopez is going to change the world someday, and I'm not sure she even knows it.  

Somehow he was roped into a messy love story with the two of them. Julie and Alex broke up just in time for Sam to start dating Santana. Alex started dating Sam's best friend Amity after they fell in love during tutoring sessions. Then Julie started dating another member of the basketball team, Ryder, but he had a daughter and that was hard for them. So they broke up and Julie was left to long for her best friend's boyfriend.

But Sam fell in love with Santana. And despite his lingering feelings for Julie, he couldn't let go of her. Until he had to. Alex and Amity got married and went through so much that it just didn't make sense for Julie and Sam to be apart. They'd been through a lot too. And once all hurt feelings were put aside, he and Julie could be together and it would be the end of all suffering. Happily ever after, right? Wrong.

After high school, life only got harder. The distance was tough on them—he stayed in Ohio to coach his college team and she went off to L.A. to work for a recording company as an intern—and when he went out to see her and propose, she freaked out and they broke up.

Sam always thought he'd end up meeting Julie again and they'd get back together and get married but then something else happened. He met Mandy. 

Mandy was a complete surprise to everyone, himself included. She was an editor who was just supposed to help Sam finish publishing his book—the book he'd written about Julie, about Santana, about Alex and his whole life back in Ohio—but they fell in love and Julie was just a distant memory. 

Or so he thought. He hadn't seen her in two years, not since the rejected proposal but then, when he went out to the court yard where they used to all hang out back in those days when everything was simpler, just looking for some inspiration, there she was. Standing there, so effortlessly beautiful like always. 

"Hi," she said. "How long's it been?"

"Two years," he said, careful not to let his guard down for even a second.

"It's been longer than that," she responded. They stared at each other and then she began walking towards him saying, "Sam, I missed you," but Sam backed away warningly.