Chapter 50: Have Mercy

^the new charts, also posted in the chapter, coming up shortly.

Also, here's a meme. Accurate to you and me.

Especially me when people ask me to update the murder mystery one

-------------------------------------

"Ok ladies," Kayli said, holding her tablet to her chest as she and the rest of her band sat in a van together. They were in Los Angeles and, due to their busy promotion schedule, had been able to avoid all calls and messages with news about their album, which had been released over a week ago. Now it was the Monday of its chart debut and Kayli held the Billboard 200 charts in her hands.

"Moment of truth," said Zoe, getting goosebumps from the excitement.

"I'm too anxious," Leila whimpered, covering her face. "Not sure if I even want to look."

"You have to look," Shana told her. "We all do. Together."

"Ok, ready?" Kayli prepared them. "Look."

She held down her tablet and revealed the charts. Leila uncovered her face in time to see the results with all of them.

 Leila uncovered her face in time to see the results with all of them

"Number four," Zoe said, surprised.

"Number four..." Kayli repeated slowly.

"Number four!" exclaimed Shana, getting all of them out of their momentary shock and into a celebratory mood. "We got a number four!"

The girls started to cheer, except for Kayli, who was busy switching to the singles chart. Her heart was beating faster and faster. Maybe the fact that they had sold a lot of albums had helped increase the sales of their single, which had been dying quickly.

Kayli frowned when she saw the Hot 100 and put the tablet on Zoe's lap, not bothering with it anymore. The other girls crowded behind Zoe to get a look.