Chapter 91: Everyone's OTP

------------------------------

"Julie?" Kitty said.

"Kitty, hey," I said quickly, holding the phone to my ear. 

She seemed relieved to hear that it was me calling, sighing, "Oh hi, what's up?"

"Not much. Just finished putting all my things back in my room."

"That's good! Everything going ok over there?"

"Yup!" I said cheerfully. "Sitting comfortably in my brand new bed right now actually. It's so much bigger than the one I had before so I'm glad I had a reason to upgrade. Anyway, I'm calling to ask if by any chance Riley is planning to have a party this weekend. I know three people who have birthdays this week and I didn't know who was going to celebrate. We don't hang out with Eva but tomorrow is her birthday so I had to call Blaine and Dani in advance to make sure there wasn't anything planned for her at Blackbird. Saturday is Albany's birthday so I called her, too, and she said it's fine to have a party that day... It's just Riley left."

"She hasn't said anything about wanting a party," Kitty responded. "You know how Riley is. Parties aren't really her thing."

"I know but I wanted to make sure," I said. "We're almost done moving me back into the house and then tomorrow we're moving you back in so I just thought... Well, it's a nice time to throw a little get together here. Since the last one ended so badly."

"Another party?" she asked. "Jeez, Julie, don't you ever get tired?"

"Well, I'm hitting the road after next week," I said. "And the guys will probably go too and then other people... I want us all to be together one last time before then."

"Well, I can ask Riley if she wanted a party but I'll go ahead and tell you in advance. I'm 99% sure the answer will be no so you can start planning the party. Her birthday's not even til Sunday so if anything we'll do something then. And listen, about me moving back in... I don't think I want to."

"What? Why not?"

"Julie, no offense. It's nothing with you, it's just... You have the twins, you have Alex now and... I don't really think me plus Alexa is going to be a good idea. I want to find my own place."