Chapter 42: Disney 5.0

DISNEY!! This was supposed to happen a book ago and I decided to skip it which means I owe you double the Disney music. It will be VERY long because of my need to make up for not having a Disney week in Race to the Finish so bear with me here. There will be a lot of the Disney Channel & modernized versions of songs by popular demand, in addition to all of the Disney originals & soundtrack songs so yay. Disney! <3
-------------------------------------------------------------

When Alex and Bree arrived at the auditorium, everyone had already sat down somewhere in the first four rows, so Bree indicated to the row where John was—next to Julie and in front of Amity—and urged him to go sit down. 

Alex hesitated but everyone was waiting on them so he sucked it up and went to sit on John's other side. Bree sat beside him and with that, Finn was able to begin. 

"Ok," Finn said. "We're going to make this fun, I promise. I think it'd be cool if everyone decided what to sing, who to sing with, what to wear... And then we could work on a big group number. Just like the old days."

"Before we all split up, I thought it would be really cool to do a bit of an example of what we should be aiming to do," said Finn.

Rachel began to stand up but Kitty said, "Oh if you need three people to come up with a number right on the spot, Bree, Julie and I are the ones."

"Please," Santana told her. "Britt, Fabray and I would wipe the floor with you."

Kitty began to respond but Finn said, "Actually... I was thinking of yours truly." Everyone began to tease and holler for him as he got up and made his way onto the stage. A microphone was already waiting for him, as well as band equipment, so he called out, "I need some back up guys."

Alex was eager to get out of his seat so he surprised everyone by being the first to volunteer. As he made his way to the stage, John and Ryder also decided to join, the latter taking the drums as the other two grabbed guitars and Finn grabbed a microphone. 

"This is actually getting kinda fun," said Bree, scooting two seats over to join Julie and Kitty. "Right?"

"Yeah, it really is," Julie agreed, while Kitty tilted her head from side to side indicating that it was so-so.

Meanwhile on stage, Finn said, "Ok, let's put an official start to Disney Night, shall we? This one's from a classic Disney and Pixar animated film... Cars."

"Oh that one's new," said Marley.

Unique nodded, "Yeah I don't think anyone ever pulled music from that one back in our day."

["Real Gone" from Cars///The Honor Society version because I deepened the voice just a tiny bit and he sounded just like Cory Monteith. Here's the music video I created for it right below.]

Alex began strumming his guitar, followed by Alex. Ryder sat patiently waiting as Finn began to sing. 

Finn: I'm American made but I like Chevrolet. My momma taught me wrong from right.

Kurt cringed his nose. Finn singing a country song? Sure this version had a little more rock in it than the original but it was still odd. From beside him, however, Rachel was overjoyed. Already it sounded like a masterpiece. 

Finn: I was born in the South. Sometimes I have a big mouth. When I see something that I don't like. I gotta say it.

Ryder joined in on the drums with a bang, not holding back at all. After all, how often was it that he got to play them in front of people? Watching him, Brittany fanned herself and then turned to Sam, who was quietly enjoying the song without any commentary.