Chapter 32: Dangerous Woman

I took over a week with the last update so here's another one. This was two chapters mashed together so it's very long. Enjoy! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

["Hallelujah" by Alicia Keys/Mercedes Jones. This is a fairly new song that you all should go listen to because it's really good!]

Zoe: There's a hole in my heart I've been hiding. I've been strong for so long that I'm blind. Is there a place I can go where the lonely river flows? Where fear ends and faith begins.

As Zoe sang, Dan stood beside her quietly, trying to figure out how to make sound come out of his mouth. He knew the song well but suddenly couldn't remember the lyrics.

Zoe: Hallelujah, hallelujah, let me in. I've been praying but I'm paying for my sins. Won't you give me a sign before I lose my mind? Woah, hallelujah, let me in.

When Dan started to sing, it was as though everyone started paying closer attention, afraid that he may stop and they'd miss it.

Dan: Every step makes me think that I'm closer. But somehow I just never arrived. When our hope disappears, please protect me from my tears. I need you right by my side.

Dani smiled and Peyton nodded slowly, both glad that Dan had decided to sing with Zoe after all. He was great in duets and it was nice for them all to hear him sing again.

Dan: Hallelujah, hallelujah, let me in. I've been praying but I'm paying for my sins. Won't you give me a sign if I lose my mind? Woah, hallelujah, let me in.

In fact, nobody besides Amity had really heard his vocals in months. This was a fact Alex realized when he arrived on the roof, quietly making his way to the closed off section unseen by the fans.

Both: Woah, woah, hallelujah. Woah, woah, hallelujah.

He had been so hard on Dan for a long time and hadn't until now stopped to think of all the time that had passed since they'd stopped being friends.

Dan: All the places I've been. Please forgive me for my sins.

The worst part was that he couldn't even remember the details of their fight anymore.

Both: Woah, hallelujah, let me in.

From a table next to Alex, Amity watched beside Sam. She didn't know whether to be glad that Dan had finally sung, or hurt that he had chosen to do so with someone he hardly knew yet refused with her, whom he had been singing with for many years.

Zoe: Woah, woah, let me in. Woah, woah, let me in.

"They sound great together," whispered Sam.

Dan: Woah, woah. Please forgive me for my sins.

Amity turned to him, staring for a couple of seconds before turning back to the stage.

Both: Woah, hallelujah, let me in

"Yeah," she said, joining in the applause. "They did."

-------------------------------------------------

When Amity walked into Adonis for the concert, she was unable to look anyone in the eye. There was a space for her to relax and get ready before the show in the VIP section, but she wasn't alone. Sam was already there, tuning his guitar and evidently waiting on the rest of his band.

"Hey," he said when he saw her approach. "You look nice."

"Thanks," she forced a smile.