Chapter 94: The Others

#1YearOfStandDown

#1YearOfStandDown

--------------------------------

["Shout Out To My Ex" by Little Mix.]

Kayli: This is a shout out to my ex. Heard he in love with some other chick. Yeah yeah, that hurt me, I'll admit. Forget that boy, I'm over it.

As the camera followed her, Kayli stepped forward and away from her bandmates, embracing her femininity as she sassed and bashed her exes on screen.

Kayli: I hope she gettin' better sex. Hope she ain't fakin' it like I did, babe. Took four long years to call it quits. Forget that boy, I'm over it.

This time it was the TODAY Show. Next it would be on The Late Late Show. After their success with their first album, the label wasn't going to shove them aside anymore. Sebastian had them shouting out to their exes to as many people as they could.

Leila: Guess I should say thank you. For the hate you's and the tattoos. Oh baby, I'm cool by the way. Ain't sure I loved you anyway. Go ahead, babe, I'mma live my life, my life, yeah.

The girls were all elated, despite all the tabloid gossip surrounding the release of their song. The anti-ex anthem's success was the only thing keeping Kayli from exploding, though with her Starstuck meltdown she had come close.

Rhythmix: Shout out to my ex, you're really quite the man. You made my heart break and that made me who I am. Here's to my ex, hey, look at me now, well, I. I'm all the way up, I swear you'll never bring me down. Shout out to my ex, you're really quite the man. You made my heart break and that made me who I am. Here's to my ex, hey, look at me now, well, I. I'm all the way up, I swear you'll never, you'll never bring me down.

Kayli and the other girls had spent the last couple of days denying al claims that Kayli had broken down over an ex or any troubles within the group. It was just exhaustion, they said. She was overwhelmed by all the love she's received over the last year since Stand Down was released.

Zoe: Oh, I deleted all your pics. Then blocked your number from my phone. Yeah yeah, you took all you could get. But you ain't getting this love no more. 'Cause now I'm living so legit. Even though you broke my heart in two, baby. But I snapped right back, I'm so brand new, baby. Boy, read my lips, I'm over you, over you.