Chapter 9: Let It Go

Warning. This chapter is ALL about Frozen.
-------------------------------------

"You're up early," Amity noted when she saw Shana emerge from the bathroom fully dressed. She in turn was still in her pajamas, having cereal and watching the morning news.

Shana stepped towards her and stopped beside the couch, knowing if she stood behind the TV she wouldn't have Amity's full attention, and responded, "Yes, well, Kayli called begging me to meet her at the Lima Bean before our writing session. I just know it's to go on and on about her suspicions that Sarah has some sort of master plan against the rest of us. But she's my friend so I'm going to humor her and have yummy coffee."

"Good luck," Amity wished her politely.

Shana nodded but realized that stranger than her being up and ready so early, Amity wasn't. "You going into the studio today?" she asked her. 

"No," answered Amity. "Dan wanted to talk so he's coming over later."

"Hey, did he mention anything to you about his date with Leila from last night?" Shana asked curiously. "Leila has refused to tell me anything and I'm dying to know if I made a good match."

"He hasn't" Amity told her. "But maybe he will when he comes over."

Shana sighed, disappointed. "Yeah, maybe," she said dubiously. She began walking towards the door and said, "I am going to be late to meet Kayli if I don't leave soon. See you later!"

"See ya," Amity agreed, waving goodbye and watching her leave. She sleepily turned her attention back to the disasters on the news and continued eating her cereal, enjoying that she didn't have to go anywhere and could just stay in her pajamas a while longer.

***

Several blocks away, Lyric was also in her pajamas as she finished part of her morning routine in Julie's upstairs bathroom. She was just starting to wash her hands when the door opened and John strode right in.

Lyric assumed it was Alex and began turning off the faucet, but jumped up when she heard John merrily say, "Good morning." She turned to look at him and her heart started beating twice as fast as she discovered that John was in the house and wearing nothing but his sweat pants. "Sorry for barging in here," he told her. "I didn't realize you were..."

John's voice trailed away but not from his end. His lips were still moving but Lyric had found herself distracted by his abdomen. Oh my gosh, she said, biting her lip as she stared at him. His abs are insane. I can't stop staring... Lyric tried to look back up at his face, afraid that he'd noticed where her eyes were. Come on, Lyric... Focus on his words... 

Lyric looked away from his abs for about a second before her attention darted down once again. Nope, I can't! Jeez... How much does he work out? He's just so... She briefly looked back up and realized that John wasn't talking anymore. He was staring at her and waiting patiently. Oh no. What did he say? 

John looked at her as though he was expecting an answer. Come on... she told herself. Think of a good response. She racked her brain for something to say that wouldn't give away the fact that she hadn't been paying attention but couldn't think of anything.

"Lyric?" John said when she didn't respond. "Pancakes or waffles?"

Lyric might've laughed if she wasn't currently on the verge of having a panic attack. "Surprise me!" she forced out.

A smile on his face, John nodded, "You got it!" As he left the bathroom, Lyric let out a sigh of both relief and despair. Why was she acting so weird around him now?