Chapter 66: 6

GLORY DAYS. DNCE. 24K Magic. Can you guess which I loved the most?

---------------------------------------------------

Friday came sooner than anyone had anticipated and everyone in Lima seemed to be preoccupied by Jake's album release party which would be held at Adonis at Jake's request. There were several non-local celebrities expected to show up so the label had purchased a special permit from the city hall to allow them to block off the entire street and keep random people from trying to sneak over and harass the high-profile guests.

While everyone got ready to go to the party, Amity sat in her dress on her couch, staring at her phone as it rung. Morgan walked out of the restroom wearing a short dress and very long earrings that almost reached her shoulders, her high heels making her seem much taller than she actually was.

"He still not answering?" asked Morgan.

Amity sighed and shook her head. Dan had been out of reach for the last week and she was dying to tell him about Christopher and dinner. "Every time I try to reach him I either get an assistant or his voicemail," said Amity, ending the dial. "I hope he's alright."

"What'd you say he was doing?"

"He's in New York," Amity answered. "Something about a small convention but I think he's really spending so much time over there to try to talk to Harmony."

"Still dating that scary guy, huh?" Morgan frowned.

Amity nodded. "Yeah, the other day she posted a picture of him and her and some group of friends out at dinner and Dan and Rory freaked out. They really want to get her away from him but so far their attempt at reaching out to her have failed." She took a deep breath and said, "How are you though? Still bummed that Tyler won't be back yet?"

"A little," Morgan admitted. "Ok, a lot. But it's only two more days. He told me he'd for sure be back on Sunday. The other guys, too."

"Good," Amity nodded. "It was getting too peaceful around here."

Morgan laughed in agreement and the two girls finished getting ready together.

***

Meanwhile in Los Angeles, Julie was walking into an unknown building with one of her bodyguards. He seemed as confused about being there as she felt about finding the right destination, as they were in a relatively worn out building with dozens of doors that were unmarked and didn't have any windows or peepholes.

"You can wait here," she ordered when she reached the end of what she thought might be the correct hallway. "I'll be back in a bit."

The bodyguard nodded, not really sure what to tell her as it was his first and only day that he'd be working for her. Julie had to get a bodyguard that wasn't through her management in an attempt to avoid anyone finding out where she was.