Chapter 105: On an Archipelago

The last charts of this book. 

Billboard 200

Billboard 200

#1(+1) Blame Me - Juliet Vasquez - peak: 1 - 7 weeks
#2(-1) Wishes In The Dark - Crystal Army - peak: 1 - 3 weeks
#9(-5) What You Came For - Mercedes Jones - peak: 1 - 13 weeks
#17(-8) Black Roses - Juliet Vasquez - peak: 1 - 69 weeks
#18(-5) For She - Santana Lopez - peak: 1 - 10 weeks
#51(-3) Who I've Been - Crystal Army - peak: 1 - 80 weeks
#90(-2) Generation Love - Sarah Linley - peak: 25 - 38 weeks
#172(RE) Don't Look Back - Travis Hilton - peak: 1 - 51 weeks

-----------------------------------

Monday, July 8, 2024 - CRUISE DAY FOUR - 7:30 AM

"Hey Julie, it's morning," said Alex as he opened his eyes. They closed again for a second but he forced them open, pulling himself up and turning to the woman fast asleep beside him. "Your favorite time of the day, Vasquez."

Julie didn't budge, so Alex reached for his phone, which had its notification light on beside his bed. As soon as he clicked on, the phone buzzed in his hands and the notification bar blew up. 

"Ugh, emails," he muttered. He started to click through them until he stumbled on one from his management team. URGENT, it read, tempting him to skip right past it until one of the other guys read it and gave him a summary of it.

But he knew that as soon as they got to Bermuda, none of them would want to deal with business, and if it really was as urgent as the subject line read then he'd better get ahead of it.

As he read opened and read through it, Julie stirred in bed, turning her body away from him. Alex smiled and said, "Hey Vasquez. We got signal back some time last night and uh... I got a message about you and Sam." Julie didn't move but he could hear her breathing changing pattern so he continued, "Looks like a certain song has now spent a seventh week at number one."

Julie opened her eyes and turned around. "Wait, really?" she asked him. He nodded, so she said, "Wow... I can't believe it."

"Well it's true," he said, smiling down at her.

"Every day I just expect the song to fall off the charts but more people keep buying it."

Alex shrugged. "I guess you and Sam are a commerical dream team then."

"I'm so happy," she muttered, closing her eyes.

"Good," he said, stroking her hair. "You should be. And I hope the news woke you up because I was hoping you'd get up early for once so that we can have breakfast and see our arrival at the port. It's supposed to be a beautiful view of the island." 

"It's Bermuda," Julie muttered. "Everything will be beautiful."

She turned her face down, pressing it against the bed, and in just a couple of seconds her breathing slowed down to a steady, slow beat. Alex gave her back a quick poke and she didn't move. "You're a freaking bear," he told her as he got up. "But sleep... I'll be back after breakfast."