Chapter 37: I Think of You

Screw the Teen Choice Awards for not giving Christina Grimmie a proper tribute or even acknowledging her despite using her death to get traffic to their website. This chapter (and the two that follow) shall contain 100% Grimmie songs and hopefully some of you will go and listen to her music & find that you really like her because she was so talented and deserves more people to hear her work. I was going to do this a lot earlier but I wanted to wait until I could choose some of my favorite ones that fit well into all the storylines going on. With that little rant, I shall now let you read. Oh and here are the new week's charting positions.
--------------------------------------

"You literally have four songs on the charts now," said John as he sat in Julie's room

"You literally have four songs on the charts now," said John as he sat in Julie's room. "And one of them isn't even a single." She had been back at rehab for three days and the new charts had come out, featuring her debut song, as well as his own. 

Julie looked at the chart on his tablet, holding it in her hands and sighing. "Technically 'Change' isn't just my song. It's a charity single."

"That you are a part of," John told her. "In fact, if not for your involvement with this I don't think it would've done so well its first week out." Julie frowned so he added, "Ok, I know you think this is all just because of rehab getting you all this publicity but I think the fact that you let your people tell the world where you were was the right thing. And it meant a lot to your fans. It'll mean a lot more when you get out and actually tell them what you're here for."

"I guess," she shrugged. She stared at the charts and said, "Your song should've debuted a lot higher though."

John rolled his eyes and told her, "No, it's our second single. It's fine. It'll climb up there. Don't worry about us. Besides, we have our big tour coming up and that'll help our songs rise. We're fine."

"How are all the tour preparations coming along?" she asked, putting the chart aside. 

"Great, actually," John said. "I'm flying out to rehearsals after this. It's mostly centered around Amity right now. Lyric's song just came out so she's doing promo for that but Amity's album comes out this Friday so everyone's trying to make sure she makes good sales numbers. Her pre-orders are looking pretty good already."

"That's good to hear," Julie said. "I feel so bad for missing her birthday. For making everyone miss it, actually."

"She's fine," John waved her worries away. "It's just a birthday. We all just want you to get better."

"How's Alex?" Julie asked. "Sam said he wasn't going to be able to come at all..?"

"Yeah, he's still a bit ticked off about the whole thing," John explained. "Given what happened when he last came, your dad put him on a 'not allowed' list so he can't actually see you until you get out. It's to make sure he doesn't break you out again. The doctor's idea, actually."

Julie shook her head but was done fighting the system that was trying to help her, so she said, "Give him a big hug for me then. I'm sure you wouldn't mind doing that given the love between the two of you."