Chapter 92: Price Too High

As some of y'all saw I posted a new fanfic based on Total Drama and a bunch of celebrities (popstars, social media stars, actors, etc.). I had this chapter planned out for a long time but for some reason when I sat down to write it I just couldn't. But once I wrote the chapter for that new fic, suddenly I was able to write this one so... Here it is!

Starting with the charts as per usual...

------------------------------

"You know what the craziest part is," Kitty said as she sat breastfeeding Alexa on a park bench. 

Julie didn't answer. She sat still beside her, gaze on her daughters as they ran around the playground. 

"This is, like, the first time in your life since I've known you that you're not the one with your heart somewhere outside of your relationship. Sure, there was Mandy and Sam. But during that you had your own flings going on. Now it's just you, Alex, and Kara."

Julie turned to her. "We're not in a love triangle," she said. "Alex is not interested in going back to her."

"Oh sweetie," Kitty sighed. "Look, optimism is one thing but stupidity is another. You have to be smart about this Julie. Make sure you come out the winner. If you slip for even a moment, she's going to snatch your man from you and then what? Be smart. She is. It's why he's with her right now and not here with you."

"Hey!" Marley said as she came by, Ben walking beside her as she pushed an empty carriage their way. "Fancy running into you two here."

Julie faked a smile, watching as Ben immediately ran to the twins when he saw them, and Kitty said, "Hi girl! What are you up to?"

"Just out all day with Ben," said Marley. "I promised him since I've been so busy at work and... Ryder's also really busy with the bar. Plus, Ben's a little nervous. We have an interview at Gainsborough Academy and he seems to understand what a big deal that is."

"Ooh, I know," Kitty said. "I might start trying to get Alexa on the waitlist now, too. In case I do end up sticking around."

"What's Gainsborough Academy?" Julie asked, confused.