Chapter 24: 2023

There was no good place to cut this so here's what should've been two chapters all in one.
----------------------------------

"I need a breather," laughed Santana as she pulled Shana out of the dance floor. "Man, it is crazy in there."

"Are you telling me Party Girl Lima Heights Lopez can't keep up?" Shana giggled, grabbing a drink from a waiter passing by and taking it down all in one go.

"That title was taken away from me and handed down to you a long time ago, babe," said Santana, giving her girlfriend a quick kiss on the cheek. "And for the record, I can keep up. I just need a break every now and then."

"That sounds familiar," Shana said through her giggles, attempting to pull Santana with her back towards the dance floor.

Santana checked the countdown being projected on one of the walls, however, and refused. "Wait, no, I can't go back. I have to get ready. Where's Luke?"

"Why? What's happening?"

"I'm supposed to record this quick video telling my fans that my fourth single is 'Talking Body' and Luke said he'd film me. I should do that before I get any drunker."

"Just a quick video?" Shana asked hesitantly. "That seems... Too neutral for you. Why don't you get up on stage and do a song?"

"A song?" asked Santana, not sure she was into the idea.

"The song," Shana urged her. "Have Luke record it and then you can really get everyone pumped for your single. Which is competing with mine next week, by the way, she adds with a friendly giggle."

Santana smiled at her and said, "Ok. You know what, yeah. Luke is recording everything anyway so he may as well get this, too. I'll go tell the DJ to set me up."

"You go girl," said Shana, giving her a slap on the butt as she sent her on her way.

She grabbed another drink and made her way to the VIP section, finding her table packed with some of her friends, which included the Rhythmix girls, Charlie, Blaine, Kurt, and Travis.

"Where's Luke?" Shana asked.

"Out filming more for his little live stream," Travis rolled his eyes.

"Oh, Santana will find him then," she said, sitting down. Seeing how close Charlie and Kayli were sitting, whispering to each other at the end of their table, Shana gave the other girls a look. Leila responded with a smile and Shana considered teasing them, but they seemed to be getting their flirt on pretty well and she didn't want to interrupt that. Instead, she turned to the stage just in time to catch Santana getting up there.

"Hello everyone!" she exclaimed as the music died down. "I hope you're all having the greatest time right now. I know I am and I'm super excited for 2023 to come. We still have a few hours until then so I thought I'd make the night a little more special by announcing that this coming month I'll be releasing the fourth single off my album, 'Never Underestimate a Girl'. The response to the album so far has been great and I can't wait to get this next song out there. I've never performed it live before so for you, the lovely people here at Adonis tonight, I will be doing that for the first time ever. So grab a partner, get out on the dance floor and move with all parts of you. This... is 'Talking Body'."

The music started and Shana spotted Luke out by the dance floor, a camera already set up to record the performance while he had his own camera on the floor, recording the party and the crowd. Wanting to be a part of the action, she grabbed Travis's hand and urged everyone else to join them.