Chapter 30: Where There's a Will

It's a new week which means there's a new chart and here it is! Good news for some, bad for others. Fun.

----------------------------------

"This is where I want the stove to go," said Stefan. "Right there." 

Rory followed his gaze to the edge of the diner, right between the wall and the table furthest back. "You want me to cook on the clients?"

"No," laughed Stefan. "We'll move a few tables. I want them to see you cook like those fancy places."

"But won't that be a safety concern?" asked Rory. Stefan leaned in slightly in an attempt to better understand what he was saying. "You don't have the right kind of set up for that. It won't go past inspection. But I have an idea."

"What's that?"

"Put the stove," Rory said slowly, ensuring that Stefan would understand, "in the kitchen..."

"Oh," Stefan said, considering this. "I guess that could work."

Rory nodded and walked away, glad that concern was taken care of. Working for Stefan was already difficult—if he wasn't coming up with crazy ideas that weren't realistic enough for him to pull off, he was making ridiculous comments that made Rory uncomfortable.

"So how many of the staff in your show did you sleep with?" was the most common. 

Afraid that one of those was coming next, Rory disappeared into the kitchen, which was small but comfy and Stefan had already agreed to stay out of.

He was just starting to find peace when Stefan appeared at the entrance, a smile on his face as he said, "What are you doing tomorrow?"

"You're not asking me out, right?" Rory asked.

Stefan chuckled. "Of course not, Rory. I'm married. But I'm trying to plan something special for Bree and Mia—that's our daughter Amelia but I'm trying to get the nickname to stick. I was hoping you'd be free to come over and cook for us. Something really fancy. Remind my wife how rich she was before she married me."

Rory frowned, not sure how that was meant to be romantic. But considering he didn't have any plans for Valentine's Day, he said, "Yeah, ok. I guess I can do that."

"So seven-ish?" asked Stefan.

"You got it," Rory told him.

Stefan banged the wall excitedly and said, "Thanks, buddy. I'll see you then!" before finally leaving.

***

"I'll see you then!" exclaimed Dani as she walked away from a group of students at McKinley. She hadn't stepped foot on campus since recruiting Kayli and Riley for Rhythmix but this time she was there in service of the charity group she had neglected for months.

She stepped into the writing room and softly knocked on the door. Albany looked up from her desk and said, "Oh hey! Come on in."

"Thanks," Dani told her, putting down the flyers she had been carrying. "I'm so exhausted. I thought handing out flyers for the Adonis fest would be easy but it's hard to get these kids' attention. After that it's easy but still exhausting."