Chapter 50

Kaite's POV

We walked in nonna's house and it was huge! Almost like Har-- nevermind. I was greeted by my grandma and with no shock, my grandpa.

"Hi nonna! Hi nonno," I said the last part with no excitement.

"ciao kaite ! sei così carina. Ti ho visto nelle riviste ! un sacco di loro ."

"Um... Nice to see you too?"

She laughs and I was confused.

"She said you look lovely," my grandpa said.

"Thank you nonna."

"tu sei il benvenuto"

"So you understand English but you cant talk it?"

"sì"

"Isnt that Spanish?"

"io non so ... probabilmente"

I laugh and turn to my grandpa.

"Nice to see you nonno."

"You are Italian! Why do you not know how to talk Italian?"

"Because I live in London. Im British too you know."

"British people are annoying."

"So are italians!"

"You just made fun or yourself."

"I understand that."

I always had issues with him. This is one reason why I dont come to Italy.

"Ok. Come on Kaite. I will show you youre camera da letto."

"Is that a bathroom? I get my own bathroom? Yes."

"No. Bathroom is stanza da bagno. Camera da letto is bedroom."

"But your house is so big."

"I know. Theres a bathroom next to your room though."

"Great. I can hear flushes when I sleep."

When I get into my room, I drop everything I was holding.

"This is my room?"

"Yes. This was always your room but your dad wanted to move to London."

"Awesome."

My bed was bigger than my room at home. There was a lot of space. It had a massive TV and it was what every room needed. I walked towards the balcony and I can see the whole entire Rome from here. I took my cracked phone out and took a picture of it and posted it on Twitter and Instagram. I love the views from places.

Kaite_T: Bet you cant guess where I am... This is amazing <3 picture attached

Before I got off, someone commented.

Harry_Styles: Italy

Shit. How did he know? Jake. I knew he would blab. But forget it. I dont think he knows where my grandma lives.

"I'll leave you alone. Nonna is making dinner so come down whenever you want."

"Alright."

I began looking around. I havent been in here since I was 3. I opened my drawers and they were old clothes. They were really small clothes. Oh how I missed Italy. But I dont fit in anymore. I know Im Italian but Im British. There was a picture on the table. It was me, my mom, nonna and nonno. On the bottom it says, ci amiamo per quello che siamo. Wonder what that means. My phone started ringing. The Caller I.D was blocked.