Gengar

'Why...? Why did I have to die this early?' The thought echoed inside your head as white was all you saw in every direction.

A disease hit you suddenly as it started killing you fast. The doctors didn't know what kind of disease it was either and didn't have a cure. The sobs of your friends and family members echoed inside you head as the life left your body.

Strange as it is, you felt stronger now. Maybe it was because you had become so weak from the disease and couldn't even walk straight.

You stood up as pure white filled the whole room. Even looking up there was white.

"Huh. I didn't think the afterlife was going to be this boring."

"This isn't the afterlife, it's a border between death and living."

You jumped at the deep voice as it had came out of nowhere. The man was easy to spot as he wore all purple, along with purple hair and violet eyes.

"W-what do you mean?" You said with shakiness in your voice. "And just who the hell are you?"

The man snicker as he came closer. "Well you are standing on top of it. My names Gengar. I'll be the one taking you to the afterlife if you chose too."

"Wait? You mean I can still be alive?"

Gengar smirked. "You catch on fast. I like you."

You rolled your eyes and waved at him impatiently. "Yeah, yeah. Just tell me already."

"You have two options. One is go to the afterlife and hope to be reborn there. Two is I share my half my soul with yours and you live with me with the rest of my life until I die or you die first."

"H-huh?! Will I still be alive if I do the second option?!"

"Yes. You just can't talk to anyone you knew or the deal will break. So, in reality, you're stuck with me for life."

You growled at the two options. Afterlife sounded great and all... but life sounded better. After all, the man wasn't THAT creepy. Besides, something about him made him trusting.

You sighed and looked Gengar in the eyes. "Alright. I accept your deal."

A faint smile appeared on his lips as sparks appeared from his fingertips. "Alright. This is going to be interesting."

The white walls seemed to shift and waver as Gengar's soul mixed in with yours. You gasped as your heart started beating again. Darkness took over you as the saw thing you saw was Gengar running towards you.

~~~~~~~~~~

You bolted up from the soft bedding as sweat stuck to your clothes. You looked outside the nearest window as it was night time. Trees were everywhere as it looked like to be you were in the middle of a forest.

The door creaked open as Gengar came in with food. "You're awake. How does it feel having a heart beat again?"

"If getting a mini heart attack counts as one then I'm fine. Thank you for asking."

He walked across the room and put the food down in front of you. "I need to tell you something. The disease you died from was fate. It was meant to happen. The only reason are souls were able to synch with each other is because we're soul mates."

You felt faint as you took a drink of water that was along with the plate of food. "This is why I hate waking up after big events."

Gengar smirked and he quickly kissed you. The kiss was brief, but enough to have your heart racing for more. Gengar stood up and left the room while yelling over his shoulder. "You better get used to living with me all of eternity!"

You stared after the door. Smirking to yourself as eternity didn't seem bad now after learning the kind of person who and what he is.