Clemont

Clemont, your childhood friend, had promised you he would give you the greatest invention of all time for your birthday. Today was the day and you were a bit nervous because Clemont's gifts were always something he made. You liked that he tried, but not when half of his inventions almost kill you.

A knock came at your door as you opened it up too cute little Bonnie. "Hey Bon, what's up?"

"Just seeing if you're ready! My brother is so excited about giving his present to you!"

"He is...?" Sweat dropped at the back of your neck, "How nice..."

"Just wait! It's not going to almost kill you this time!"

"Well... I hope I get to see it soon!"

"Trust me, you'll love it. CAKE!"

She when for the cake but with a smile you trapped her into a hug. "No the cake if for my birthday party, but if you can help out you can get the first piece of cake."

Bonnie's eyes widen with joy as she when to work straight away. You giggled and got dressed into your new birthday clothes and when over to where the real party was. It was in the park as pokemon played with human, smiling and enjoying their self's.

"(y/n)! You're here just in time!"

Clemont's voice had you turn around, but he wasn't holding a gift in his hand like everyone else did. "I see you had your party in the park this time."

"Well yeah, a nice beautiful day out I will not waste!"

Clemont smiled and set his pack down. "I know. This kind of weather is perfect to build outdoors."

You rolled your eyes and smacked his shoulder. "Can you not thinking of building for one day?"

"But I can't! Not thinking about building is like you not thinking about having gym battles or what next to train your pokemon."

"True." You sat down as Clemont sat down next to you. Everyone was giving your present as you happily accepted them, but a tug of sadness hit you when Clemont still hasn't given you your gift. Sure, it might by dangerous but a gift was a gift.

After a while from partying, games, and cake everyone went away as you bid them goodbye. All the pokemon in the park helped clean up which you were super happy about. The tower was lit up beautifully as you stared in awe over it.

"(y/n), can I take you somewhere private?"

Clemont said as he had a small smile on his face. "I promise to give you your gift there."

"Alright."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clemont took you to the top of the tower as the city looked so beautiful from up their... you didn't feel like ever leaving the spot. Clemont cleared his throat as you gave him your attention. "So... where's my gift?"

Clemon took off his glasses, blinking as his eyes adjusting to the bright lights behind him. "This is it."

You stared at him confused. "Huh?"

"Remember how you bugged me to take off my glasses to see if I would look different, but I didn't want to take them off? Well, now you finally got it. What do you think?"

"Hmmm... you don't look bad without glasses on."

A faint pink blushed settled on his cheeks. "I-I do?"

"Yeah, it's a nice change."

"I see. Also, (y/n), for the years we've know each other... I'm starting to like you."

A burst of wind when through, making you shiver slightly. "R-Really...? But I thought you liked girls who loved creating stuff."

"Yes, but I realized you're the only person to stick thick and through with me and my inventions. I like you because of that and are bond together. What do you say? Wanna try out dating?"

A smile grew on your lips as you hugged Clemont. "Of course."

"Awww! You two look cute together! Maybe you can even marry!"

The romance was broken off as Bonnie giggled and snapped pictures. Clemont growled and when after her. "BONNIE WERE NOT TAKING IT THAT FAR!!!!"

You giggled and stared out into the night sky, taking in the wonderful gift of today...