Darkrai X Child Reader

It be my birthday ^-^

It was late at night... nothing could go wrong so late in a night as all your stuffed animals were by your side to protect you. Your stuff Pikachu plushy was the only thing that helped calm your nerves as the shadows seemed to rise up and look down at you with hunger in their eyes.

You cried out and ran out of bed and banged on your parents' bedroom door. Your mother came out with wide eyes and look down at you. "(y/n) (y/l) what are you doing out of bed?!"

"T-Theirs's a monster in my room!"

"(y/n) there are no such things as monsters. Now go to bed." Your mother pushed you back to your room and locked the door.

Tears spilled out of your eyes as the darkness of the room seemed to crawl towards you. Hand coming out of the darkness and twitching to get their hands on you. You grabbed your plushy Pikachu and held it close to your heart for reassurance.

The figures kept getting closer and closer... as one of the hands grabbed onto your legs and dragged you to the pit forming in the middle of your room. Your scream as lost in the pit as endless darkness took over your whole being....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You woke up screaming and crying your head off as you grabbed Pikachu and hugged it tightly. After you were done crying you looked outside to see it was still night time. The darkness of the room didn't seem to come after you anymore as the toys you were playing with sat on the ground just like they were.

But... something was different in the room... in the corner of the edge of the room there was a figure of a human. One soft glowing blue eye gazing right into your soul.

"W-Who are you...?" You asked with a sight shakiness in your voice.

"I'm only a shadow. Nothing more." The voice replied. It sounded like a man and with a soft warmth in his voice.

"N-no you're not... you're in the shadows... c-can you at least come out..."

The man was silence for a bit until the shadow stepped out of the wall and formed into a man. He was tall with white hair with a bit of black streaks in it. His blue eyes were gazing at you across the room as you felt tiny and weak compared to his man.

"W-Who are you... why are you here...?"

"You're the daughter of my childhood friend who I haven't seen in a long time... I just wanted to see how much you were like her."

"So... you're my uncle?"

The man thought about it before coming over and sitting at the edge of your bed. "That's one way to put it I guess. My name is Darkrai. Sorry about the nightmare earlier."

"Nightmare...? You were the one who created it earlier?"

"Yes and I'm sorry about that little one, I just create them."

"It's okay!" You held out your hand and held Pikachu in the other one, "My names (y/n)! I would love to be your friend!"

Darkrai blinked at your hand before shaking it with a sight tense in his fingers. "Friend? But I've never had a friend before. I'm usually alone."

"No one likes to be alone! I won't let you be alone at more Darkrai! I'll be you friend, even if you create nightmares... I'll... I'll face them and take them on myself!"

Darkrai smiled at your toughness and ruffled your bed hair. "That's cute of you. How about this, I'll come every night before you go to bed so we can talk?"

"Deal!" You hugged him close to you with Pikachu joining in the hug.

Darkrai smiled as he hugged you back, joyful to know he finally had another friend who didn't mind who he was.