Sun Lycanroc

Being a Pokémon ranger was dangerous and tough enough as it was. You were sent to Alola to investigate the Aether Foundation. Nasty rumors were spread among other regions about their plan.

You were on the boat and geared up too go. The sun was hot, hotter than the main headquarters said it would have been.

You sighed and drank the nearest glass of water the boat was offering. "This place better be colder at night or I'm going to nag headquarters for sending me in this weather with this gear."

The boat docked soon after as you boarded off. Despise the weather bearing down on you, the scene of the island was quite nice. Palm trees and fruits swayed by the wind and cooling you down slightly.

Your mission was to investigate a nearby mountain people have seen Aether Foundation workers sneaking into. Looking at the mountains, you gathered your things and packed up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your knuckles were bloody along with your knees as you climbed. The peak to the mountains was high, higher than you thought. Even a few times you almost slipped to your death.

But you worked your way up and managed to get to a grassy area. In the middle of it was a machine pouring out red light waves. You took a step closer before screaming and jumping back.

What almost attacked you was a human, but looked different from the rest. It looked to be those half breeds. Pokemen, the name people have been calling them.

You took out your gear and readied your spinner, "Hey, I'm not looking for trouble here."

His eyes were glowing red, even bulging as his body twitched dangerously. You gasped and realized the machine was forcing him to fight you.

When he started moving you moved your spinner around him in a circle. The effect seemed to work, but he avoid it and sent rocks after you. You dodged out of the way, but one managed to cut your leg.

It ran and jumped onto you, as you screamed and pushed him back as he snapped at your neck. You gasped and forced him off, enough to send him into the machine.

The machine spun out of control and started smoking, even the red-light waves stopped coming from the machine. The guy groaned and held at the side of his head.

You rushed to his side and knelt. "Are you alright?!"

He nodded and smiled at you. "Yeah... thanks for getting rid of that machine..."

You took out your first aid kid and got to work. "Were there any more Pokémon affect by this machine?"

He shook his head as you bandaged the wound at the back of his head. "No... I cashed everyone out before it could affect Pokémon or people.... but the people who put it there had white uniforms on..."

"The Aether Foundation..." you mumbled bitterly under your breath. "So, they are up to no good... every time there's a corporation or foundation in this world it turns out horrible."

He laughed and coughed at the same time. "I can help you get rid of them... my name's Lycanroc... the main strength and body of this mountain during daytime..."

"You mean there are is someone else who guards at night?"

"Yeah... that's my brother..."

Lycanroc stood up, wobble for a second. "I'm going to help in your search for these people."

"Wait," you stood up and helped him balance. "You can't just come with me. You have this mountain to protect and you're still injured."

"That was your fault."

You blushed and looked away. "Y-You were going to rip out my neck if I didn't do anything."

Lycanroc smirked and leaned against you, feeling his legs lightly shaking. "I apologize for that. Plus, I have the scent of those Aether people and can track them down. Plus, from your scent you're not from here... are you?"

"No... and I can use the help..."

"Sweet," he patted you on the shoulder. "Can't wait to start to adventure!"

After one step, he fell. But you came over and helped your partner, who some years later became your best friend for life.