Zoroark N

In your home town there was a contest to see which person could pick the ripest and rarest berry in the nearby forest. This was a contest you've wanted to do your whole life, so this was the time to do it.

You were signing up for the contest when a swift black object past quickly from your line of sight. You looked over, saw nothing, and went back to signing up for the contest.

After you did a tap to the back made you jump. "Gah!"

"Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

You turned around to see N. He was new to the town and had just come to see the contest himself. Usually he would only talk to you, which was strange, but you took it as an honor since he wasn't real fond of everyone else in the town.

"It's fine N... are you going to sign up for the contest?"

He shook his head with a slight smile. "I'm just going to watch. I'll be in the forest cheering you on."

"Alright! But N... did you see that black figure a minute ago?"

He rose his eyebrow in confusion to have you buy the act. "What black thing?"

"Well it came your way and it was big... I just thought you must have seen it."

N shook his head. "Nope. I'll see you at the end of the contest."

He gave you a pat on the shoulder and when he turned around you could see a nasty cut on his chin. It was bright red, meaning it was just new. You were about to ask where it got it when the trumpets blew to signal the start of the contest.

You went over and grabbed your berry holder. You also had to put the berry in there so if it falls you also lost the contest.

"Alright!" The announcer yelled. "Let's get this contest started! 3... 2... 1... GO!"

People shouted as the five other people took off as you gasped and took off last. You haven't been in the forest for a while now and forgot how big it was. But with determination you ran as fast as you could towards the berry spot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It seemed like the other contestants haven't found the berry yet or a trumpet would have sounded for the winner. The forest did change a lot... because one time it looked like a waterfall nearby, but then when you went there it was gone.

"Ugh... I'm tired..."

You fell down, dizzy from the lack of water. You never told N this but you suffered from random and terrible dizzy spells when you didn't get enough water like you were supposed to.

The throbbing came as you moaned in pain and tried to ignore it, but it would never go away unless you could drink water. When you opened your eyes you found water in front of you, it sparkled in the sunlight along with the berry in the middle of the lake. It was floating inside it as you managed to ignore the throbbing and crawl to it.

You had to raise your head from the water as you managed to take little drinks of it, but strangely the throbbing wouldn't go away. Just when you grabbed the berry, the water disappeared as red glowing eye bore down on you.

To your horror you found it was a Zoroark, a wild one too that was angry you saw through its illusion. You screamed as it went to claw at you, but the black figure from earlier block the Zoroark in its way.

It was another Zoroark, but it had a bright red cut along its jaw. To your surprise N had the same cut at the same place... but N was a human... not a pokemon... or so you thought.

The other Zoroark growl and leaped at N, having a battle of claws really. You watched with wide dizzy eyes at the situation, picking up a branch and smacking the other Zoroark in the face. It snarl and leaped for you, but N grabbed it from the fur of its neck and head locked it.

N yelled at it as the Zoroark winced at his voice. Once N was done the Zoroark dashes away in the forest. You stared at its figure before it disappeared, then looking over to see N, in human form, with lots of cuts on his face.

"N-N..." You said, out of breath.

He gave you a smile and helped you up, putting the berry in the berry holder. "I'm sorry I never told you. I'm really a Zoroark. I can disguise myself as a human and talk like one pretty well. When I saw how good you were with pokemon I wanted to be around you more, so I took the form of a human."

You smiled and kiss the area of his cut. "You should have just told the truth. Sure, it would have been freaky, but Zoroark are known to make illusion. I find it sweet that you wanted to hang out with me even though I was a human."

"Right, because I just love your nature."

Before you could ask what meant N had already turned into a Zoroark and dashed away in the forest. You knew why as N had lead you into the town where you won the contest. To this day, you always have him the same berry on the day he told you the truth about him.