Team Rocket Meowth

"That's right!"

Meowth rose his fist up in the air before sighing. Jessie and James where gone off on a mission that was required for them only. Meowth was stuck with you under your supervision.

You were playing on the t.v. and shooting at monsters. "Missing them I guess?"

Meowth nodded and sat next to you, watching you play your game as he didn't know what was even going on in there. "Jessie and James... we've been together for long... my soul is a part of them..."

You gave him a small smile and scratched the back of his ear, he always seemed to like that a lot. "Don't worry. They'll be back. I had to send them on this mission so I could know whether both them and you can make it just fine without you."

"Wait! So you're telling me you purposely separated us?! How could you do that?! You know how much they mean to me!"

"Will you stop your yapping?!" You yelled and paused your game, glaring at him with deadly daggers. "You'll see them again in a month! I wanted you here so we could figure out why you turned human! So quit acting like I'm the bad guy!"

Tears spilt down your cheeks as you quickly wiped them away. "I'm not... I'm not like my... father..."

Meowth felt a pang of sorry as he gently patted your back. "I'm sorry about the boss's disappearance. I know it shook the whole group of Team Rocket as well."

You sighed and leaned against the couch. "I hate being the daughter of Giovanni.... he never was a good father anyways... always let what his kids do while he planned out in his evil mind. Once he was defeated he just left Silver and me alone... with no word of where he was going. Our own mother didn't care much for us either, so what's the point of even knowing what their real thoughts of having us were for. Other than that... I'm just the child of a broken relationship..."

Meowth winced as he sat right next to you, curled up like a cat. "I'm sure the boss cares about you. He just didn't know what to do after Team Rocket failed in the mission."

Fire lit inside your eyes as you pushed Meowth away. "Didn't know what to do?! He could have taken us with me to where the Hell he was going! Silver is off on his own pokemon adventure while I'm stuck trying to make this team a good one," You screamed at him. "All of this is too much for me as having Team Rocket return all the pokemon they've stolen... Arceus... I hate my dad!"

Meowth watched as you punched the couch pillow, clear anger and sadness all over it. At first when Meowth met you he didn't really know how to feel about you. But now that he has, he wanted to help you feel better, but you were at the horrible stage of rage. It was clearly the fault of Giovanni, but he wasn't here to see or fix it himself.

With a gentle hand, he rested it on your shoulder as you locked up your whole body, shaking a little from the sobbing. Meowth did his best as he hugged his body around your curled up one.

"I'm sorry (y/n)," Meowth said, "I'm sure the boss loved you very much, but couldn't bring you to where he was going. He did say goodbye to you, didn't he?"

"Y-Yeah..."

"See? If a parent didn't care about you they wouldn't have bothered to say goodbye to you. I know haven't seen what he must have been like as a father, but as a boss. He must have been hard and caring for you both."

"H-He was... he couldn't play with us much... But tried the best he could when nothing was going on. Those days were rare, but they're the ones I treasure the most. Honestly... I felt like a normal kid with normal parents when they happened."

"Aww. Just make them double for my feelings, no! Make it triple! I just know you'll make Team Rocket into a better place. I might not like it being evil anymore, but you're the boss, and I'll always follow the boss."

For the first long time in a while, you smiled. Really smiled. Cheekbones high while your voice echoed lovely around the living room. "I'm so glad you were the one who could talk to me. Say, is it true you could talk to people before you were a human?"

"Yup! Taught myself!"

"Hmmm..." You rubbed your chin, thinking in deep thought. "Maybe that's what I'll have Team Rocket do. Teach pokemon how to talk! You'll be the teacher!"

"Huh?!" Meowth claimed in surprised. "Me?! A-Are you sure?"

"I'm positive! Once we're done analyzing you, I'll make flyers, hoping this will make Team Rocket great again! Also, thank you Meowth."

You hugged him as he blushed and hugged back, smiling a bit as he hugged back, too. He whispered quietly to himself. "I promise to never blast this up..."