Dragonite

Every year a strange figure harbors near the lighthouse your great-grandfather built for lost soldiers at sea. Its light would beam- rumors have said- across the world and summon a rare and magical Pokemon from the sea.

You, well you wanted to meet this Pokemon and waited for the day to come. You marked down the day the creature has said to come. Around the high tides where the waves barley touch the cliffs.

Packing up everything you needed, you charged towards the tower and climbed its stairs. After about the fifth floor, you were already out of breath.

"Ha... how... much... longer...?"

Inside you were cursing at how you should have practice climbing these stairs. But then again, you thought the elevator worked in this rusted old place.

After making it up to the twenty-fifth floor, you arrived at your destination. You wheezed and let all your stuff clatter to the floor.

"Thank Arceus! I finally made it!"

It was around evening when you arrived, but no sooner than nightfall when you had everything set up. Camera, set and ready to roll. Everything was well and hopeful, until a mist enveloped the lighthouse. It came from out of the blue as you started to cough.

"Where the heck- cough- did this come from!?"

Soon enough the mist came into the whole lighthouse, suffocating you as you pasted out shortly after, smelling the rich and salty scent it gave off...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your head felt clearer once you woke up. Your whole body ached from sleeping on the cold, concrete floor. But still, you rose upward and stretched.

"Who are you? How are you awake so quickly after my mist attack?"

You screamed and almost knocked over your camera stand. Near the edge of the lighthouse was a tall man fairing with orange hair. A cutey and around your age.

"T-This is my great-grandfather's lighthouse... and... I should be... asking... the... same... question."

He was eyeing you from head to toe, making sure you weren't the threat when he was the threat here in the first place. He shrugged it off and sighed next. "So, your John's great-granddaughter, huh? Nice to know his children take of the lighthouse even in his passing."

"Of course we do!" You growled and shakily stood up. "But this doesn't explain who in the world you are!"

"Dragonite," he smirked, flashing an ocean pearl smile. "Protector of the seas and famous mystical pokemon."

You giggled, comparing his height to a Dragonite's, "Seriously? You've just came up here and already boasting about yourself? Are all poke-humans like you?"

He shook his head and shifted his leg to cross his left leg. For him to be sitting on the edge like that it must be uncomfortable. "Rare and awesome like me? Nope, because there is only so much me the world can handle."

You rolled your eyes and took out a pair of binoculars. "I agree, the world wouldn't be able to handle men like you."

Dragonite snapped back with a comeback, but you only ignored him and looked out at the sea. Night had settled in as you looked closer towards the stars, glinting and sparkling the whole, blue sea.

"You really are like him... guess blood doesn't change when it's past down."

That's when you looked at him for the first time. "You said you knew my great-grandfather... The one who originally built this lighthouse?"

Dragonite nodded, touching the walls with a gentle fondness. "It's all thanks to him I can still do my job. Rescuing people in the seas and being able to battle in the ocean. John helped me find a meaning to my long-life span. It's because of him I promise to come back to this lighthouse, to remember a good pal."

Seeing how this guy speaks now, he doesn't seem like a bad guy, just overly cocky. The mist that once spread around you was lurking back into the lighthouse. You braced yourself and covered your nose with your shirt.

Dragonite chuckled and stood up. His wings spread out-wards and covered the whole railing of the lighthouse. "Till we meet again, (y/n)."

"Wait!" You muffled yelled.

But Dragonite was already taking off into the night sky. The mist traveled alongside him as he disappeared, seeming to look as if a person was never there. You sighed and uncovered your nose. "Great, the first time I meet him he leaves in less than five minutes... but he couldn't stay forever I suppose..."

Under your shoe, a glittering sparkle caught your attention. You bent down and picked up the jewel Dragonite left behind. It was a blood scarlet color and inside was a claw, one of a Dragonite. You smiled and tucked it into your pocket.

You knew what it was as it was sort of good-luck charm. Only those who have won the hearts of dragons will receive a jewelry of any kind.

Looking out into the night sky, the fog blended into the ocean. "Hmm, till we meet again, huh? When he comes back I'll have to teach him the railing isn't the place to sit and see the stars."