Manaphy

Sharpedo Bluff was always the best hide out location for you. Not only did you get a wonderful view of the ocean, but it was away from people and life. Besides it was summer time and you wanted the peace and quiet from school.

Everything was going swell, until the ocean started acting up again. By acting up was a strange orange light under the waves. It was extremely fast for it being underwater and glowing brightly in the middle of the day.

"Maybe it's a rare pokemon only found under the sea...?" You questioned. "If not then I don't know what else..."

You continued watching it until a huge wave crashed down on the orange light. The glowing light didn't fade, but it was speeding towards the cliff. Before you knew it slammed into the cliff, but the cliff shook from the impact.

"Whoa!" You screamed and held onto a nearby rock.

Whatever hit the cliff side must have been strong, because parts of the cliff were falling apart. You couldn't escape as a chuck of the cliff fell into the ocean along with you. Wind screamed inside your ear before the rush of water burned inside your nostrils.  

Luckily you knew how to swim and swam upwards. You coughed out water and looked up too see half the cliff edge was gone. "Great... now I'll have to swim around the other side of the island..."

A wind howled inside your ear as it made your shiver, but you carried on. About halfway from the cliff a tin object appeared from the ocean. It was hard to see from here, but it looked like a large fin. 

Dread filled inside your veins as it looked about to be a Sharpedo fin. "Oh crap... oh crap..."

Despite being it Sharpedo Bluff, hardly any Sharpedo came. It was only because of the cliff side looking like a Sharpedo it got its name. The moment it started heading right for you, was the moment you were going to die.

Still swimming, you were not taking your eyes off the Sharpedo as it speeded right towards you. This was it, a good long life as a girl. You closed your eyes and waited for its jaws to eat you, but it never came. 

Instead you were lifted from the ocean and into the air. You opened your eyes to see you were trapped in this orange light, the source from earlier. It was dry inside as you poked at it, your finger going right through and feeling the ocean breeze.

"Sharpedo, you know you're forbidden from eating humans around the area."

You looked down to see a boy grabbing onto the Sharpedo's mouth. The Sharpedo stopped resisting and simply went back into the ocean. The boy smiled as the orange light lowered you down to his level.

"Sorry about that. I was the cause of the impact and made you fall."

"What are you?" You asked, staring at him. "I know you're a poke-human, but WHO are you?"

"I'm Manaphy," He flashed a pearl white smile. "Glad to see you aren't eaten in half."

"Yeah... only because of your help."

"Say, do you need help getting back to the island beach? I saw you were swimming towards that way, unless you were trying to make a break for it."

You rolled your eyes. "No, I wasn't making a break for it. But I would like the help."

"Sure, and you might wanna hold on because I'm going to use my powers."

Before you could question him, you were dived straight into the ocean water. You gasp as you could breathe, but also see under the water. It was beautiful... light dazzling the surface as water pokemon swam in groups. A Gyarados swam by peacefully, moving along the other pokemon.

Gyarados were rare to find in the wild, but now you finally saw it. Looking up you saw Manaphy smiling down at you, winking at you before he rose above the surface. The orange light disappeared around you, making you swim your way up.

You gasped for air and climbed onto the beach's sand, glad for land and tired of chilly breezes. 

"How was it? Magical?"

You laughed and shook your hair back and forth. "Amazing! I never thought I would be able to see anything like that in my life! And that was incredibly fast! It takes an hour to swim around the island!

Manaphy smiled, "I live around this area. If you catch any glowing light, it's me and just yell out my name."

"You got it. My name's (y/n) by the way."

"I like it. I'll see you later."

Manaphy dived back into the ocean as you watched his figure disappeared under the waves. You came back into town and came to your house, where your father yelled at you.

"What are you doing here coming back wet?! You could have changed into your swimming suit!"

"Dad! I made a friend!"

"What?!" He dropped his newspaper and smiled at you. "Who's the friend?"

"His name's Manaphy and he lives in the ocean! It's amazing dad! The powers-"

"(y/n) stop, go up too your room if you going to disappoint me and lie to my face."

It broke your heart too see your father didn't believe you, but that didn't stop you from hanging out with Manaphy. People always wondered where you went when you were at the beach, and that in the ocean.