Cyrus X Child Reader

Freak, Weirdo, Unlovable...

You cried silently in your bed as you looked at the invention you made for you father. People at school bullied you severely because you were different from other girls. You didn't play with dolls and just build from anything you could grab onto.

"Stupid... meanies..." You mumbled while twisting on a gear. "Why do kids my age always have to be mean to the different ones like me? Can't they see I already know I'm different? Do I need to write it on my face millions of times to get the point across...?"

Instead of your door being knocked it was being scratched on. You groaned inside your head and opened it up to your father's Sneasel coming in, blinking it's ruby eyes at you. Being you, you just stared at it.

"Go away..." You mumbled at the Sneasel.

Sneasel has known you since you were born. He was kind of your nanny when you were growing up without your mother around to take care of you. You never knew what happened to her, but you still had faded memories of her when you were little.

The door pushed open by another force as it was your father, Cyrus. He was getting older as the years didn't bless him with the youth he should have at his age of twenty-seven. You always said it was because of the stress under him while running an organization.

You didn't what the organization did, but new pokemon always came in every day, some even looked sad and depression strangely. Sadly, your young mind didn't know at the time...

"(y/n), what is that you have in your hands?" Cyrus spoke.

You quickly hid it behind your back. "N-Nothing."

Cyrus pushed himself from the door and walked inside your room. It was small, but it felt just the right size too you. He towered over you, his baggy eyes glaring down on you. "(y/n), this will be easier if you showed me what you have behind your back."

At that moment, you knew you lost too your father. Slowly, you showed what you had behind your back. It was small enough to fit in your hands as it was a toy, but it had buttons on its collarbone.

"It's a toy to speak too pokemon." You smiled as you father picked it up, observing it his hands. "When a pokemon speaks, I let it record what it says and it translate into human langue. I tried it out at school..." You frowned and looked away. "It didn't work and everyone called me crazy..."

Cyrus played with it a bit, listening to the static sounds of it recording. "How long ago did you build this?"

"Two days ago; I started it at school, but I finished it in my room."

Cryus tinkered with it a bit more. It was hard, even for you, to know what went through his mind. "This is amazing well done. Only done with school supplies and half with Team Galactic's gears as well..."

"D-Do you like it...?" You squeaked a little.

Cryus, for the first time in forever it seemed, smile. "It's excellent. If you keep this up, you'll be my top scientist in my laboratory."

"What is it like down there? I've never been down there before."

"It's not for the eyes of a young child like you, but when you're older I'll let you see what it's like down there. Only to feast your eyes upon what my real goal is to see..." The crazed look was in his eyes again. "I know you don't see it, but we'll create a world together. This blasted world we live in is horrible... I want to create a new one and become its god."

"Dad..." You spoke, touching his cheek. "Can we not talk about this right now...?"

Cyrus saw the fear in your eyes cleared his throat. "I cannot understand why you don't see the same ideals as I do. Maybe in due time you will."

His wristwatch vibrated as he looked at it, his Sneasel jumping to his side. "I must go. I'll see you tomorrow after school."

"Yes, of course dad."

Sneasel walked out first before Cryus. The door almost closed, but he held it open to speak some more words. "One day I will become the god of our new world, (y/n). Whether you agree to my ideals you will bow down too me."

He looked at you with his deep blue eyes. "Even if you are my daughter, I will not spare mercy for those who get in my way."

A chill ran down your spine as you simple nodded. Cyrus finally closed the door as you silent cried in the dim light your lamp gave off. You looked at the toy you made and sobbed into your pillow.

Your ideals were completely different from fathers. All you wanted to do was create a machine to communicate with pokemon freely. But, as it would seem, your father's selfish ideals would always be more import than his own daughters dream.