Andy Imagine: Why Me Pt. 2

*5 Years Later*

"Agent (L/N), do you have those papers I asked for?" Mr. Merrick asked softly. You looked up into the older agent's kind eyes and nodded quickly.

"Yes sir. I just finished not to long ago." You answered quickly. You handed him the stack of papers and he smiled back at you.

"Thanks. Hoppus wants to see you by the way." Mr. Merrick said before leaving. You quickly got up and walked to Director Hoppus's office. You opened the door and saw him sitting in his chair.

"Agent (L/N), please take a seat." He said. You sat down quickly and waited for him to further address you.

"I need you back in the field." He said softly.

"But sir..." You started, fear coursing through your veins.

"We've had other sightings of the Soldier."

"And you're sending me back?!"

"You're the only one he left alive. He feels something for you."

"Bullshit."

"Agent, I'm trusting you with this. You are the only leverage we have over finding this guy." You paused and looked down at your lap.

"I don't want to go in alone." You pleaded.

"I'm sending in Agent Williams and and a team of agents with you. You'll be fine." Hoppus said. You nodded and left his office to suit up. You found my old tactical suit with the bullet hole to the shoulder stitched up. You suited up, walked out, and saw Agent Hayley Williams holding a comm.

"They have better grips then the old ones." She said. You gave a weak smile and nodded, taking the comm. You both walked to the quinjet and sat in silence along with the rest of the team. When the jet landed, You felt your heart fall and a lump get stuck in you throat.

Once again, it was snowing.

"Hey, you just say the word and we'll get you. The comms are fully functional." Hayley assured you. You nodded and left the jet first. You scanned your surroundings and saw nothing but white, blinding snow. It was too quiet. You ventured further into the woods looked around. Trees. You only saw trees. Maybe he wasn't here. You kept mindlessly walking when you heard the sound of a gun cocking. You turned to see the man watching you. 

"Oh dear God." You whimpered. He started running after you and you took off after.

"He reloaded his gun and he's running after me. Do I have permission to engage?" You asked into the comm.

"Don't! We need him alive for questioning. Just keep running (Y/N)." Hayley instructed. You pushed your legs and kept running. You almost got away again until an arm was wrapped around your neck. You were pulled into the hard chest of the man and thrown on the ground.

"Who are you?" He snarled, face close to yours.

"(Y/N) (L/N)." You stuttered out in fear.

"You...you look familiar." He said, eyes flashing with confusion. Confusion? Why was he confused? You lifted your hand and he growled.

"No, it's okay. I'm not gonna hurt you." You promised. The man allowed for you to move the hair from his face and stroke his cheek.

"Who are you?" You asked.

"I...I don't know." He replied.