Pete Imagine: Don't Talk About Her

A/N: requested by @ninjaprincess2001

"You good? You seem quiet today." Your best friend Pete asked. You two sat under the cork tree outside eating lunch, just like you did everyday.

"Yeah I'm fine. Schools just been hard." You sighed.

"Hard? It's the last week before tests. Those are the easiest. What's really going on?" Pete pressed.

"I don't really wanna talk about it Peter."

"To hell with that, you're gonna talk, now." You bit your lip in an attempt to hold back your tears, but when Pete placed a hand on your cheek, all your tears broke free like a flood.

"I don't know what I did wrong! I was nice, I kept my head down, I stayed quiet!" You rambled through your tears.

"Hey, hey, hey. What's going on? What happened?" He shushed, pulling you into a hug.

"All the popular kids. They're spreading rumors about me, bad ones, and everyone believes them." You sniffled. Pete stiffened as he pulled out of the hug. He stood up and started walking towards the school.

"Pete? Pete, what are you gonna do?" You called, running after him.

"It's gonna be fine (Y/N). I'm just gonna talk to them." Pete sighed. He took your hand as you both walked into the school. All eyes were on you and Pete. You both walked into the cafeteria, where the popular kids sat at their lunch table. Pete dragged you over to them, slamming his fist on the table.

"Talk shit about anyone in this damned school but her. You fucking understand me?" He growled.

"And why should we listen to you, Emo weekly?" Some girl scoffed.

"Because Bubble Gum Bitch daily, this is my best friend you're talking about and you all know I can make your lives living hell." Pete countered.

"Pete, let's just leave it alone." You whispered meekly from behind him. Pete's stance softened and allowed you to pull him away.

"Yeah, listen to your little dick sucker." Some dumb jock teased. Pete stopped making your groan.

"Damn." You muttered under your breath. Pete lunged at the jock, taking him down with a few punches. Not the one to let your friend take a beating, you jumped in, taking in the girls. In the end, you and Pete won, but got a little messed up, Pete the worse.

"Hey, you okay?" You asked as you both sat in the nurses office. Pete held a tissue to his bloody nose and an ice pack to his eye. You were only icing your swelling cheek.

"I'll be fine. You?" He coughed.

"Thanks to you, I'll be fantastic." You smiled. Pete smiled back, resting his head on your shoulder.

"I am in irrational platonic love with you." He sighed.

"Ditto." You sighed.