Pref #26: Fourth Of July

Patrick:

You walked out to the backyard to see Patrick standing by the grill in confusion.

"Hey Tricky, you need some help?" You asked, a slight smile on your face.

"No, I'll be fine. Where's Diana and Declan?" Patrick said, avoiding the question.

"In their rooms. Apparently, they need to 'prep' themselves for 4th of July." You snickered. Patrick chuckled and put a hand on your slightly pregnant stomach.

"And how are you and this angel?" He smiled.

"Perfect. I'm here with my perfect family, celebrating a perfect 4th of July." You said happily. The moment was broken by Declan coming out, decked in red, white, and blue.

"Food!" Declan cheered. Patrick frowned and looked back at the grill.

"Damn, the burgers!" He hissed. Patrick scraped up the burnt pucks and frowned.

"Ew, what's burning?" Diana asked, coming outside in her American flag dress.

"My hopes and dreams." Patrick whimpered.

"Oh Patrick, it's not the end of the world." You smiled sympathetically.

"Actually it is, mommy. We're all gonna starve now." Declan said. You shit him a mother glare and looked back to Patrick.

"You see failure, but I see...a fun game!" You improvised.

"A game?" Diana asked.

"Yes a game. We can play catch of something with the burnt burgers. Right guys?" You said glaring at your children.

"Of course mom." The both said. Patrick smiled and looked at you. He kissed you quickly, putting a hand on your stomach.

"You are amazing." He praised.

"I am, aren't I." You smiled. Patrick chuckled before grabbing the burnt burger.

"Who wants to play catch?" He asked. Diana and Declan both ran to spread out across the yard as you sat in your chair, watching your family.

Joe:

"Are we there yet?" Zander whined.

"Zander Trohman, I will turn this car around dammit." Joe growled. You were driving to Connecticut for a friend's barbecue and it had been a long drive.

"Daddy, put on One Direction!" Ruby cheered.

"Ruby, if you ask for that trash one more time, I'll throw you out the window." Zander barked.

"Hey, you are not throwing your sister out a car!" You scolded.

"Well I'm gonna cook you for 4th of July and not eat you because you're nasty!" Ruby yelled back.

"Shut up you troll!" Zander sneered.

"You trash monkey!"

"Hey! I will stop this car, and we will sit here, starving, for the 4th of July." Joe yelled. The whole car got quiet as you looked at Joe.

"Well, now I'm turned on." You muttered, not realizing everyone in the car can hear you.

"That so gross mom." Zander scoffed. Joe just smirked at you.

"Can't blame ya." He winked making you laugh.

(A/N: Awkward sex reference inspired by overcastskeleton 's Fall Out Boy Imagines. Check 'em out!)

Pete:

"Come on guys! I'm gonna light the fireworks soon!" Pete called out to you and the kids. Saint came running out with the American flag around his shoulders.

"Woo! 'Murica!" He cheered. Bronx was right behind him, followed by Danielle.

"Hurry up dad. I got a date tonight." Bronx smiled.

"Woah, God bless America." Danielle snickered.

"Shut up." Bronx hissed, shoving her.

"No fighting. Your father worked hard to put these together." You frowned. Pete stood next to the fireworks excitedly with his lighter in hand.

"You guys ready?" He asked, shaking with excitement.

"Go ahead Pete." You chuckled. He lit the string and ran over to you and the kids. The first one flew into the sky, bursting in red.

"Sweet." Bronx smiled. The second one, well, that's when things got crazy. It fell and instead of going into the sky, landed by the fence. All of the others fell with it, showing an immediate danger.

"Pete, you idiot!" You yelled. Danielle screamed as a firework zoomed near her. Pete threw you and Danielle over his shoulder and looked at Bronx.

"Grab your brother and get inside now!" He ordered, running to the house. And that is how you two spent the remainder of the 4th of July at the fire station.

Andy:

You sat on the beach, watching as Zander made a sand castle.

"Do you like it mom?" He asked excitedly.

"You should be a contractor." You teased, kissing the side of your son's head. And walked over to you, a smile on his face.

"Hey, is everything set for the fireworks tonight?" You asked.

"Yeah. I got a professional coming to give us our own private fireworks show." He replied. You kissed him before smiling.

"You are freaking amazing." You sighed.

"Well let's not forget what today is really about; celebrating Captain Steven Grant Rogers' birthday." Andy said seriously. You nodded solemnly and saluted him.

"Happy birthday Captain America." You said. Andy just chuckled and sat next to you as you two watched Fabian.

"I love you ya know." He said. You smiled and kissed him again.

"I know you do because if you didn't, I would've already married Sebastian Stan." You teased, only 90% serious.

"Whatever." Andy laughed.

A/N: It's still the Fourth of July in my heart so that's all that matters! I hope you all liked the chapter as much as I like you guys (a lot).