Joe Imagine: One Minute

A lot can happen in a minute. Someone can be born, someone can die, someone can fall in love, and someone can have their heart broken.

You sat in front of Joe, watching him with tears in your eyes.

60 seconds.

"(Y/N), you're making this harder than it has to be." Joe sighed.

50 seconds.

You shook your head stubbornly and stomped your foot.

"You're making a mountain out of a mole hill! Joseph, it was one kiss and I didn't even want him to kiss me." You sobbed.

35 seconds.

"Why can't I believe you? Why can't I trust you?" Joe groaned, rubbing his red eyes with the heel of his hand.

25 seconds.

"You can believe and trust me! I love you. You're the one I want to grow old with. I love you Joe! I don't want to be with anyone else in my life. I-I just want you to have me forever." You sobbed.

10 seconds.

"It's not enough." Joe mumbled.

9 seconds.

"Joe, please." You begged.

8 seconds.

"I can't do this anymore." He sniffled.

7 seconds.

"We can make it work." You pleaded.

6 seconds.

"I'm tired of always making it work (Y/N)!" Joe yelled, making you jump. He instantly looked guilty.

5 seconds.

"Joey..." You mumbled.

4 seconds.

"(Y/N)..." Joe sighed.

3 seconds.

Your eyes filled with tears as you felt the impending statement coming on.

2 seconds.

"Don't." You whimpered.

1 second.

"I'm breaking up with you." Joe announced.

Joe stood up and left your apartment. At that exact moment, you felt your whole world shatter along with your heart.