Pref #28: 40's Era Pt. 2

Patrick:

After dancing the whole night with Patrick and sharing information while dancing, your feet began to hurt and you got tired, so you had to stop.

"Geeze, leave it up to me to get tired while dancing." You chuckled as Patrick helped you out of the dance hall.

"You need help getting home doll? I don't mind." He suggested. You smiled and blushed slightly.

"A walk home would be lovely Patrick." You accepted. You both began your walk home, when a shiver tore through you.

"Colder than I thought it'd be tonight." You commented. Patrick wrapped his arm around your shoulder, pulling you closer to him.

"How do you feel now doll?" He smiled.

"Warmer." You mumbled happily. Patrick chuckled and continued walking.

"So, where do live at? Anywhere nearby?" You asked.

"I live a few streets away from the dance hall. Usually I go with my friend Pete so he can scout out dames to charm. He's a bit of a flirt." Patrick explained.

"Well, I wonder where he gets it from."

"Me? A flirt? You sure you didn't dance your brain to mush doll? I'm quite the opposite, but seeing you tonight...I just couldn't help myself. Plus, Pete helped out a lot." As you neared your house you smiled and laid your head on Patrick's chest.

"Well thanks Pete." You muttered to yourself. Patrick walked you to your door, hands in his pocket.

"So, I uh, I hope to see ya again (Y/N)." He stuttered nervously. You giggled and grabbed him by his tie. Patrick's breath got caught in his throat as he was face to face with you.

"I'll definitely be seeing ya Patrick." You promised before leaving a chaste kiss on his lips. You walking into your house, leaving Patrick shocked on your steps.

Joe:

*September 9th, 1945*

September 2nd, 1945 was when it happened. The news was everywhere. The war was won. It was finally over and the men were coming home. You stood outside along with the other cheering people, holding your 9 month old son in your arms. He was a spitting image of Joe, even inheriting the Trohman blue eyes. He was a beautiful baby boy.

Joe...

You didn't know if he was dead or alive. The last letter you received from him came a month after your son was born. Since you never got a condolence letter, you assumed, hoped, that your husband was alive. Many soldiers were coming home today and you prayed yours was apart of the group. You stood at the train station watching as the train pulled up. Many other women were crowding around, waiting to find their sons, brothers, fathers, or husbands. The soldiers began to pile out of the train and you stood there, trying to spot those familiar ocean eyes. You looked and looked until your eyes landed on that familiar face.

Joseph Trohman stood in one spot, holding a duffle bag as he looked around in confusion. He was adorned in his green army uniform that made him seem bigger than he actually was.

"Joey! Joseph!" You called, waving one arm. Joe looked over at you and his eyes widened in joy and surprise. You giggled as he ran to you.

"Oh doll. I-I can't believe it's really you." He sniffled, tears filling those eyes.

"And this is him? This is our son?" Joe asked looking down at the baby in your arms.

"Say hello to Joseph Mark Trohman Jr." You smiled, handing Joe his son. He took the small child carefully and smiled.